Are there any Seattle gamers out there?

Stalker0

Legend
So it is possible I may be moving to Seattle soon, and I'm wondering what the gaming scene is like. So give me a shoutout if your a seattle gamer!!

Monkey King

Explorer
Stalker0 said:
So it is possible I may be moving to Seattle soon, and I'm wondering what the gaming scene is like. So give me a shoutout if your a seattle gamer!!

There's a lively gaming scene here, what with Paizo, Green Ronin, Open Design, and many other companies based in and around Seattle. Not to mention the University of Washington gamers, etc.

Oh, and there's the Emerald City Gamefest coming up on the 17th. I'm running a table.

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a game. :D

BabbageCliologic

First Post
Stalker0 said:

Hey! Great that you're coming to the PNW, it's a great place to live. I live in Woodinville (NE of Seattle) and have a private game group (5-7 people).

Where are you going to be? Seattle or in one of the suburbs? Will you have transport and how far are you willing to go? There are game groups and stores that have gaming tables in and around the Seattle area. Depends on what you want and how social you are.

Seattle has a number of groups, including Seattle Gamers Assemble (they've got a Yahoo Group) as well as some Meet Up groups. There is also RPGA Mob (An RPGA group) based in Seattle, too. Third Place Books in Lake City Way also has a group that meets I think every month or so (don't remember if they have a Yahoo group but maybe). If you are interested in other games, I'm sure that there are other groups for that, too.

If you're here for university, then I'm sure that there are on-campus game groups as well but I don't know. Even some of the larger companies, like Boeing, have game groups. You may be able to check them out.

Also, we've got a number of game stores to choose from, from the better (Gary's Games in Greenwood and The Dreaming in the U district) in Seattle to some others, like Oroboros Games in Redmond or Fantastic Games and Toys in Lynnwood. In between are Games Plus in Woodinville, Genesis Games and Gizmos in Redmond and Golden Age Collectibles in Seattle Pike Place Market. Most of these shops, with the exception of Golden Age Collectibles, has game tables for gaming.

Welcome to the area and good gaming!

/BC

First Post
I can second 'Genesis Games and Gizmos' as a good store to check out if you ever happen to be on the east side of the lake. There's plenty of gaming to be had here.

BabbageCliologic said:
Also, we've got a number of game stores to choose from, from the better (Gary's Games in Greenwood and The Dreaming in the U district) in Seattle to some others, like Oroboros Games in Redmond or Fantastic Games and Toys in Lynnwood. In between are Games Plus in Woodinville, Genesis Games and Gizmos in Redmond and Golden Age Collectibles in Seattle Pike Place Market. Most of these shops, with the exception of Golden Age Collectibles, has game tables for gaming.
I used to drop in at Gary's Games whenever I got in the area for work. Fantastic in Lynnwood too. The owner there was almost TOO gregarious and would talk your ear off if given a chance. You don't mention American Eagles in Lake City though. I think they also still have a store in Tacoma. AE always had more metal minis than anywhere else. When I moved to the south end I actually relied on WotC at South Hill Mall in Puyallup more often than anyplace else.

Course that was all a good 5+ years ago and now I live in CA.

BabbageCliologic

First Post
Man in the Funny Hat said:
I used to drop in at Gary's Games whenever I got in the area for work. Fantastic in Lynnwood too. The owner there was almost TOO gregarious and would talk your ear off if given a chance. You don't mention American Eagles in Lake City though. I think they also still have a store in Tacoma. AE always had more metal minis than anywhere else. When I moved to the south end I actually relied on WotC at South Hill Mall in Puyallup more often than anyplace else.

I didn't have my game store list in front of me. Here it is:

YMMV on these shops (and it's as complete a list as I've found):

Fantastic Games & Toys <== This shop moved to Hwy 99 and 224th, near the Ranch 99 store and south of the Payless Shoes store. The former owner Scott was kinda a nut. Don't know about the new folks.
www.fantasticgamesandtoys.com
(425) 775-4871
Suite 204
22617 76th Ave. W.
Edmonds, WA 98026

===
Gary's Games 206-789-8891 <== This shop has a good used game section. The staff aren't too surly (well, the Surly Redhead is).
8539 Greenwood N
Seattle, WA 98103 - 3613

===
Gary's Books & Collectibles <== This is an odd shop, somewhat junk-shoppy but I have found old games here for good prices.
425-258-4233
2531 Broadway Ste H
Everett, WA 98201 - 3020

===
Uncles Games <== Two locations, somewhat limited selection on stuff, but mostly new. No used games.
Unclesgames.com
Bellevue
15600 NE 8th Ave., Suite K10, Bellevue, WA
(425)746-1539

Redmond
16507 NE 74th St., Redmond, WA
(425) 497-9180

===
Genesis Games & Gizmos <== Has some used games last time I was there.
8912 161st Ave Ne, Redmond, WA 98052
phone: (425) 497-9579
http://www.genesisgamesandgizmos.com

===
Oroboro Games & Books <== Used to be Coyote Games, no used games (except sales).
16505 Redmond Way #E
Redmond, WA
Phone: (425) 558-9181

===
American Eagles <== No used games, lots of out of print and hard to find games, but all sold as new, at original prices. Staff is OK, but they've pissed me off on many occasions due to poor service.
Lake City Way
Seattle, WA

===
Game Wizards
Seattle, WA

===
Golden Age Collectables
Pike Place Market
Seattle, WA

===
Games Plus
Woodinville, WA

===
The Dreaming (comics and games)
U District
University Way
Seattle, WA

Also, if you are looking for used games, then try Half Price Books. There are locations in Edmonds, Everett, Bellevue, Seattle Capital Hill, Seattle U District, Southcenter, Tacoma. Also, you can try Third Place Books in Kenmoore.

Man in the Funny Hat said:

Gary's Games is still around. Bring a noseplug though.

Still haven't gotten around to AE in Lake City. I used to go to the one in Tacoma all the time, it was awesome.

Remove ads