D&D 2E Are there any websites or blogs that review AD&D 2e adventures and books?

Ulrick

First Post
Given that WotC is release TSR backlist of 2e books and modules, I've been searching of for websites or blog dedicated to AD&D 2e that might have reviews for these products.

AD&D 2e certainly isn't a popular edition--its campaign settings are--but I've yet to find many websites beyond purpleworm.org and Thac0's Hammer (but I'm not really into podcasts). AD&D 2nd Edition Hold Out has been dark since Jan. 2012

I'm looking for something that highlights the strengths of a product, instead of simply denouncing it as railroad (in the case of many 2e modules) or overpowered (like The Complete Book of Elves).

I figured I put this out there, but I feel like I might be searching in vain.

Thanks!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Given that WotC is release TSR backlist of 2e books and modules, I've been searching of for websites or blog dedicated to AD&D 2e that might have reviews for these products.

AD&D 2e certainly isn't a popular edition--its campaign settings are--but I've yet to find many websites beyond purpleworm.org and Thac0's Hammer (but I'm not really into podcasts). AD&D 2nd Edition Hold Out has been dark since Jan. 2012

I'm looking for something that highlights the strengths of a product, instead of simply denouncing it as railroad (in the case of many 2e modules) or overpowered (like The Complete Book of Elves).

I figured I put this out there, but I feel like I might be searching in vain.

Thanks!

Sadly, I haven't really hit 2E material yet; you may find a few reviews on rpggeek.com. At some point I want to review the 2E adventures - there are some that are surprisingly good - but I've been more busy gaming than reviewing recently.

Cheers!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think if you ask about them here, you'll get some honest opinions. Many of us remember 2E very well, and I know some here actively play it today.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
There's not really a good one stop shop place for 2e reviews. Your best bet is to do a google separately for each title you're interested in. For any given title, there's usually someone on a blog or forum who's done a good review.

Quintegamer

Explorer
With the exception of Spelljammer, Maztica, Al-Qadim and Birthright - I have almost every 2nd ed product (and have DM'd most). I'd be happy to share my group's experiences with specific adventures. Ask away!

Remove ads