Are you excited about the upcoming 4-part Greyhawk map in Dungeon?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
caudor said:
Hey Merric, if I'm not mistaken...I just saw your name in my latest Dungeon magazine (I was just reading it a little while ago). It was in the letters section, titled something like: Merric likes Maps

Congratulations are getting a bit of spotlight! It's funny you should be the first to reply, I was just reading your letter.

What's weird is that I have letters in #115 and #116, both about maps! :)

My friends over at maxminis.com are wondering if I'll have a letter in the next issue as well...

Cheers!

coyote6

Adventurer
I have a subscription, but I'll probably end up buying the issues with the maps -- first, the post office tends to kind of bend up the magazines before I get 'em (and occasionally goes for the full-on fold, spindle, mutilate), so I'll probably want a copy of the map that hasn't been subject to their tender mercies.

Secondly, I think the local FLGS tends to get the mags before me, and I can't wait. :)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
caudor said:
I agree. I think putting Cauldron on the map is a good idea. The adventure path is obviously set in Greyhawk (by default) and Greyhawk doesn't need to be locked in time (or in the past), IMHO. I look forward to many more contributions!

Yeah, I got no probs with it. It's not like i don't have a set of maps that I've scribbled my own towns on or anything.

Anyone know where it will be located? Erik?

At any rate, I'm really looking forward it, as I've decided to kickoff a new Greyhawk Campaign in January.

Davelozzi

Explorer
francisca said:
Anyone know where it will be located? Erik?

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere as being in the Amedio Jungle.

As for the maps, I'm looking forward to them. I don't mind Cauldron being on there. After all, it's in an out of the way location, and even if I wanted to ignore it, it's not like I don't have several maps of the Flanaess already.

Turlogh

Explorer
Cauldron as a small localized area I have no problem with but was more curious as to what it was and a little worried that it might be some big country area that was suddenly shoehorned in to the Flanaess.

I also would like to see a hardcover Greyhawk setting book, but I will gladly take the big map for now.

rounser

First Post
Cauldron as a small localized area I have no problem with but was more curious as to what it was and a little worried that it might be some big country area that was suddenly shoehorned in to the Flanaess.
Let me get this straight...you're worried about Erik Mona mistreating Greyhawk. Erik Mona, who I gather was ex-editor of the Oerth Journal, co-author of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, editor of regular Greyhawk adventures and articles in Dungeon/Polyhedron, RPGA Living Greyhawk adventure author, and one of seemingly very few Greyhawk enthusiasts when he was working at WotC?

Somehow I think it's in very, very safe hands...

Last edited:

caudor said:
Are you excited about the upcoming 4-part Greyhawk map in Dungeon?

I subscribed just to make sure I don't miss it. Does that count? :cool:

I will get all four parts framed and hang them up....somewhere in the house. I was going to do that to the FR map, but I don't play in FR, so that would have been wasteful.

Remove ads