• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you ready for some Football (Americano)!

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I love Josh Allen, but he has 20 interceptions in his last 19 games, plus fumbles.....
He is a gunslinger and sometimes it looks awesome despite the bad decisions. Occasionally, you get a game where its almost all bad outcomes lol. Very Favre like as mentioned.

R_J_K75

Legend
I love Josh Allen, but he has 20 interceptions in his last 19 games, plus fumbles.....
I'm still think he's buying into the hype and he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. He naughty word the bed Monday Night. I'm from Buffalo so that should say a lot

R_J_K75

Legend
Although nothing compares to the infamous NHL game when the Sabres' goalie (Malarchuk) was injured. If you haven't seen it, just know that despite what you see, he survived. And played again.
Sorry to quote this twice but my GF stopped over unexpectedly when I was replying the first time. I remember 4-5 trainers running out to the ice with towels, and the whole goal crease being covered in blood. He played after but when he retired which I'd be surprised if it was after 96-97, as I think that happened 89-91? He was the backup for Grant Fuhr, correct? Anyhow he had a bad problem with PTSD from that, as well as substance abuse and being suicidal. Think he went to Washington after Buffalo

R_J_K75

Legend
He is a gunslinger and sometimes it looks awesome despite the bad decisions. Occasionally, you get a game where its almost all bad outcomes lol. Very Favre like as mentioned.
I can't remember him winning a game when it really counted

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I can't remember him winning a game when it really counted

Since his rookie season, Josh Allen has four complete seasons. He has led the Bills to the playoffs every season, passed for more than 4000 yards every season (and two seasons of 5000 yards) and has passed for more than 30 TDs the last three seasons. He's also one of the most successful rushing QBs in the league, having scored between 6 and 9 TDs on the ground every season (including his rookie season) and adding between 420 to 760 yards on the ground.

Simply put, other than Mahomes, I don't think that there is any real argument that he is the best QB in the NFL the past four seasons.

Moreover, in terms of winning, prior to his arrival, they had only gone to the playoffs in one out of eighteen seasons.

Maybe he hasn't won the Big One ... yet. But dude, every team outside of KC would KILL to have Josh Allen.

R_J_K75

Legend
Maybe he hasn't won the Big One ... yet. But dude, every team outside of KC would KILL to have Josh Allen.
Im 100% sure that everything that you cited is correct. But over the 5 years he's been in the NFL there have been more than a few plays in post-season where he looked like a chicken with his head cut off, trying to make a play, instead of gracefully executing a play.

Snarf Zagyg

Im 100% sure that everything that you cited is correct. But over the 5 years he's been in the NFL there have been more than a few plays in post-season where he looked like a chicken with his head cut off, trying to make a play, instead of gracefully executing a play.

Since he has entered the league, the following QBs have WON IT ALL.

Tom Brady (twice, now retired ... probably. Maybe).
Patrick Mahomes (twice).
Matthew Stafford (with a killer Rams team that probably should have lost to the Bucs).

Only one team can win it all every season. Dan Marino never won it all. Jim Kelly never won it all. Philip Rivers never won it all. Fran Tarkenton never won it all. Dan Fouts never won it all.

Other than injury, he'll have a lot of years to keep trying. And having Josh Allen is a guarantee that Buffalo will be in the mix ... and you don't have to worry about the QB position. Seriously, given the history of the Bills, you should try and concentrate on the positive; of all the problems you have, Josh Allen ain't one of 'em.

R_J_K75

Legend
Jim Kelly never won it all.
:mad:
Other than injury, he'll have a lot of years to keep trying. And having Josh Allen is a guarantee that Buffalo will be in the mix ... and you don't have to worry about the QB position. Seriously, given the history of the Bills, you should try and concentrate on the positive; of all the problems you have, Josh Allen ain't one of 'em.
Allen played like crap Mon. If that's any indication of what's to come, I'm not to hopeful. Stats can be quoted and we can make assumptions on how the current season is goanna go based on previous performance, but that's in the past. Im not hating on Allen but he never makes the play when it really counts, but some of that is/was the coaching. Allen had 4 TO and 5 sacks if Im not mistaken, if that keeps up there's a problem.

Snarf Zagyg

@R_J_K75

I just remembered this. The next time you're thinking about how terrible it is that you have Josh Allen, read this article-

And remember that this was written before the Monday Night Football game.

My personal favorite ... that Tom Tupa is ranked so highly on the Jets list of "best QBs since 1990." Why?

Because Tom Tupa was a punter.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
:mad:

Allen played like crap Mon. If that's any indication of what's to come, I'm not to hopeful. Stats can be quoted and we can make assumptions on how the current season is goanna go based on previous performance, but that's in the past. Im not hating on Allen but he never makes the play when it really counts, but some of that is/was the coaching. Allen had 4 TO and 5 sacks if Im not mistaken, if that keeps up there's a problem.
Again, Jets have a very good, maybe best in NFL, defense. I dont think that should be discounted. Its not like Allen has not had games like this before. I know thats scary heading into the playoffs thinking "which Allen is going to show up?", but he is getting your team there every season.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads