• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arms & Armor Open Call

Nellisir

Hero
Ghostwind said:
By the way, doesn't anyone bother to use spell and grammar check when you submit stuff? Sheesh... :)

Um...yeah...I think...I did..umm...maybe....ah... crap.

:D
Nell.
Not that worried. Really. Nope, not me. Not worried. :(

Spike Y Jones

First Post
Napftor said:
Oddly enough, a lot of my ideas came out of browsing a furniture catalog.

Steve's lucky this was an armour and weapons book, so he was spared the Flying Gateleg Table that's sitting in my "have yet to find a publisher for" files.

Spike Y Jones

Ghostwind

First Post
Spike Y Jones said:
Steve's lucky this was an armour and weapons book, so he was spared the Flying Gateleg Table that's sitting in my "have yet to find a publisher for" files.
Spike, that entry may come in handy yet. You never know when someone will pen "d20 Furniture: Your Guide to Inanimate Objects"... :D

Ghostwind

First Post
Spike Y Jones said:
We wanted to give the editor a workout.
The 'editor' will be thanking me by the time I get through fixing all these mistakes in spelling and grammar. Not surprisingly, one of the cleanest submissions comes from a certain well-known editor with long hair... ;)

Spike Y Jones

First Post
Selling Your PC's Name

KingOfChaos said:
To be safe, I wouldn't put anything you want to keep for yourself into your submission. I usually do that with all my work, though.

For instance, I wouldn't place the name of my favorite character into a spell name that I planned on sending in to be published because it would make my character the property of said company.

I'd wanted to say something about this before, but didn't get around to it.

If you put the name of a favourite character into a spell name that is then sold to a publisher, the character doesn't become the property of the publisher, just his name; you can still use the character in your own campaigns. You can even still publish his adventures on your website or wherever, although in this case you'd need to change his name (maybe only slightly: Almuric to Almarac).

And if you sold the name in a spell for a D20 System complilation, you still may be in luck. If the publisher declares the name to be Open Content (and Bastion Press, the subject of this thread, is a very Open-Content-friendly publisher), then you don't have to resort to changing the name when you use it: You just have to include the book's copyright info in the Section 15 notice of the OGL page on your website.

Spike Y Jones, who sold one of his favourite PCs to Atlas Games a year ago, but who can still play him whenever he wants

Spike Y Jones said:
For instance, my single submission included 37 new qualities and items.

Spike Y Jones, over-achiever

Would that I had the time! 15 new qualities and items. But at least I got it in before the deadline. Spike, how are you?* Sorry to hear that you sold your PC to a game company. Good thing you don't have to pay royalties eh?

*Who is this guy? It's Bill Collins from Nice Reality Ya Got Here, back in the days of All of the Above, the GURPS apa.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads