• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arrr, mateys

Len

Prodigal Member
What’s a D&D campaign without a pirate adventure? Nothing, according to DM Carl, so our pirate adventure started yesterday.

So far it’s going quite well. We managed to capture the pirates’ ship and I raised my colours, which is sure to annoy them. (We were also knighted and awarded estates yesterday, which is why I suddenly have colours.) Next time we’ll storm my lighthouse, which the pirates have captured and are holding for ransom.

And when that’s taken care of, we’ll have our very own pirate ship! Arrrrrr!

So, what should we do with a pirate ship?

BEKirby

First Post
What to do with a pirate ship

Well, let's see, you could:
  • Make a yellow-bellied landlubber walk the plank
  • Harass the mainland
  • Send some scurvy dogs to Davy Jones' locker
  • Sink a frigate
  • Sink a ship o' the line
  • Sink a junk
  • Find a deserted island to bury your treasure
  • Get yerself a lass (or lad) in every port on the coast
  • Tell a tale that'll turn young boys' bellies to blubber
And that's all in the first day, ye lout!

Len

Prodigal Member
That's enough to keep us going for a while. :)

Actually, I doubt that we'll keep the pirate ship. I don't think we want to turn our game into a pirate campaign. There's only one player who really wants to keep the ship, and he's the same guy who couldn't resist playing with every necromantic weapon that we found until he nearly became undead.

One thing we're definitely doing is saying "Arrrrrr!" until DM Carl is sick of it.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
I haven't played in a pirate campaign in years, not since we were heavy into the Fantasy Hero system.

Our current 3E campaign would be perfect for astral raider type pirates, but we are in an absolute good vs. evil type game, so we'd have to wait for the next campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads