OD&D Artwork Question

JLorimor

Villager
I remember a little piece of art that had the adventurers walking down a brick hallway and one of them was holding a torch. I'm looking for that image, but can't find it. I thought it was in the AD&D DMG, but I've looked through it and can't find it. Now I'm wondering if it was in a module somewhere. It's completely black and white, with just the outline of the characters, if I remember correctly. Anyone remember this?

JLorimor

Villager
After posting that, I was probably a little vague. I think the image is full page width, but not very tall. It's similar to this:

DMG.JPG

But I remember the party walking down a hallway with the repeating pattern of large bricks behind them. One of the party members (I think the wizard) is holding a torch. I think there's a dwarf fighter holding a shield, similar to the image above.

Thanks!!!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Well, the rest of the series above is... huh...Well, here are these. It seems the final page/panel of them arriving at the "treasure" - the fourth panel in the series- doesn't seem to be google-able.

Attachments

• dmg_banner2.jpg
    dmg_banner2.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 201
  • dmg_banner3.jpg
    dmg_banner3.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 164

JLorimor

Villager
Thanks for looking. I found a couple others, but the center of the art is a corner that shows a hallway going back to the left and the right. The image I remember is a flat wall with larger bricks. I'm looking to build a D&D man cave and I wanted that image to show a gal that does custom painting. I'm planning on have LED "torch" lights in sconces and thought it would be cool to have it look like the party is holding one of the torches. I'll keep looking.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
From your description, I presumed you were referring to this image, but this is the only one I can find online and it's cropped. It's a Trampier, not a Sutherland.

Attachments

• trampier_leaving.jpg
    trampier_leaving.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 175

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Thanks for looking. I found a couple others, but the center of the art is a corner that shows a hallway going back to the left and the right. The image I remember is a flat wall with larger bricks. I'm looking to build a D&D man cave and I wanted that image to show a gal that does custom painting. I'm planning on have LED "torch" lights in sconces and thought it would be cool to have it look like the party is holding one of the torches. I'll keep looking.
Then it's definitely not the 4th one in the DMG banner. (which looks like this as an FYI for everyone else...)

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 1.47.29 PM.png

JLorimor

Villager
This one is from the Holmes edition of Basic D&D. Does it ring any bells?
View attachment 134192
LOL....This is one of the ones I found that has the corner in the center of the image. I found another one similar to this one, but it actually had someone holding a torch in it.

I hate to do this, but I'll have to try to sketch something, and my stick figures are pretty ugly.....LOL

Thanks for everyone looking. I really appreciate it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases