OD&D Artwork Question

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ok. Well, I've got: "Big flat bricks wall." But no corner, no hallway, no torch or dwarf. Full page, but not a strip/banner like the original suggestion.

I've got: "Big flat bricks wall" AND "corner." But no halls, no torch, no dwarf with shield, and it's an interior corner versus what sounds like it's supposed to be an exterior corner (to provide two halls going in separate directions. Also not a banner/full page width.

I've got: "party going into a hallway/corridor" But no bricks, dwarf, or torch. BUT it IS full page banner sized (from the 1e Deities and Demigods, not DMG).

But it's a snowy Sunday afternoon in NH, so I'll keep looking. ;) hahaha. The D&D mancave sounds like a cool/fun idea.

Attachments

• toh-sloping-passage.jpg
    toh-sloping-passage.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Adventurer_In_A_Room_Filling_With_Water_And_Attacked_By_Skeleton_By_David_S_LaForce_from_Gygax...png
    Adventurer_In_A_Room_Filling_With_Water_And_Attacked_By_Skeleton_By_David_S_LaForce_from_Gygax...png
    492.6 KB · Views: 204
  • DDG_koboldsurprise.jpg
    DDG_koboldsurprise.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 201

JLorimor

Villager
Ok. Well, I've got: "Big flat bricks wall." But no corner, no hallway, no torch or dwarf. Full page, but not a strip/banner like the original suggestion.

I've got: "Big flat bricks wall" AND "corner." But no halls, no torch, no dwarf with shield, and it's an interior corner versus what sounds like it's supposed to be an exterior corner (to provide two halls going in separate directions. Also not a banner/full page width.

I've got: "party going into a hallway/corridor" But no bricks, dwarf, or torch. BUT it IS full page banner sized (from the 1e Deities and Demigods, not DMG).

But it's a snowy Sunday afternoon in NH, so I'll keep looking. ;) hahaha. The D&D mancave sounds like a cool/fun idea.
I actually went through modules that I've read SEVERAL times thinking it might be in there somewhere. I found the first image from Tomb of Horrors. I actually like the 3rd one and may show that to the painter as well.

Here is a VERY ugly attempt at what I remember:
Dungeon.png

The room is going to be just shy of 30' x 30'. My thought was to have this at one end of the wall and have the left side open up into a cavern looking similar to Menzoberranzan with stalactites and stalagmites lit up with faerie fire. On another wall I wanted a tavern scene with torch sconces on it also. We're not going to break ground for another year, and it will probably take a year to finish it up (we're doing the finish work ourselves), then however long it takes to get it painted. I'll post pics when we're finished.

Thanks for everyone looking!!!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OK. Think I'm tapping out... No luck...much like my usual set of dice.

HOWEVER...if you are looking for something for the wall with lighting effects, to be able to use your cool sounding LED torches/sconces... I did find these for suggestions...

(I am especially fond of the Descent to the Depths/Vault of the Drow pieces by Jeff Dee, myself.)

Attachments

• OSDungeon.png
    OSDungeon.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 589
  • roslofqueenofthedemonwebpits.jpg
    roslofqueenofthedemonwebpits.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 5161d33e4499a3fefb56c037062d9bdf_original.jpg
    5161d33e4499a3fefb56c037062d9bdf_original.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 188
  • descent.png
    descent.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 231

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Just when I thought... OK. So, now, based on your drawing and some venturing outside of 1e sources, there are several OSR materials that fit the bill.

However, I think, maybe what you are looking for is this [never before seen by me] piece by D&D maestro, Larry Elmore. Certainly a newer piece and never published in any 1e material I ever saw/possess.

That said, the corner-double hallway, flat bricks, dwarf, torch is ALL present in the one from Basic Fantasy. And this one miiiight be what you were actually thinking of/looking for...but, again, from Basic Fantasy, not D&D 1e.

And with that...these...those?... I am well and truly done. Good luck and keep us updated (be interesting to see the work in progress/finished room).

Attachments

• 0_BasicFantasy.png
    0_BasicFantasy.png
    360 KB · Views: 241
  • 0_wbart3_orig.jpg
    0_wbart3_orig.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 894
  • 0_wbart4_orig.jpg
    0_wbart4_orig.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 709
  • 0_elmore_osr.jpg
    0_elmore_osr.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 467

Sacrosanct

Legend
Just when I thought... OK. So, now, based on your drawing and some venturing outside of 1e sources, there are several OSR materials that fit the bill.

However, I think, maybe what you are looking for is this [never before seen by me] piece by D&D maestro, Larry Elmore. Certainly a newer piece and never published in any 1e material I ever saw/possess.

That said, the corner-double hallway, flat bricks, dwarf, torch is ALL present in the one from Basic Fantasy. And this one miiiight be what you were actually thinking of/looking for...but, again, from Basic Fantasy, not D&D 1e.

And with that...these...those?... I am well and truly done. Good luck and keep us updated (be interesting to see the work in progress/finished room).
That Elmore piece is one he included in his stock art collection (although that particular one was personal use only) from the late 90s or maybe early 2000s.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases