Ascension ability questions

Farealmer3

Explorer
Hey Farealmer3 mate! :)

Divine Nullification affects all Divine (Tier) Abilities. Technically it also affects Epic Abilities/Feats since you need that as a Prerequisite (IIRC).
Thanks U_K, but it wasn't exactly my question. For any of your nullification abilities(divine,cosmic etc) do they only nullify the abilities you made in the IH or is there a way to determine if they nullify equivalent abilities? Could one of them null a dragons breath weapon and if so which one would be needed to null which tier of dragon(epic,adamant,etc)? Also for beings in other fiction that have abilities similar to your IH ones do they nullify them if they are on the same tier as the listed ability? For example will cosmic nullification nullify a reality warpers powers(like Alladin's Genie) because alter reality is a cosmic ability?

Belzamus

First Post
That would depend on how you personally stat up such entities and abilities for use. When merging systems, things like that are always going to come up. You just have to adjudicate on a case-by-case basis.

I mean, to interact, everyone has to be using some variant of the same mechanical system, if cosmic abilities are in play, then abilities of that caliber used by beings of other settings should be reinterpreted as cosmic abilities.

And if not, well, there's always Abrogate, which works on everything.

Hey Farealmer3 dude! :)

Farealmer3 said:
Thanks U_K, but it wasn't exactly my question. For any of your nullification abilities(divine,cosmic etc) do they only nullify the abilities you made in the IH or is there a way to determine if they nullify equivalent abilities? Could one of them null a dragons breath weapon and if so which one would be needed to null which tier of dragon(epic,adamant,etc)? Also for beings in other fiction that have abilities similar to your IH ones do they nullify them if they are on the same tier as the listed ability? For example will cosmic nullification nullify a reality warpers powers (like Alladin's Genie) because alter reality is a cosmic ability?

Thats a good question and one with no easy answer.

Personally I think keeping it to Divine Abilities helps it stay playable.

I think trying to second guess how powerful a non-divine opponent's various abilities are will only bog the game down.

So I'd say no unless there is a direct correlation between the creatures ability and an exact (or near exact) version within the Divine Abilities list.

eduar

First Post
hi

the Automatic Metapsionic Capacity apply for the augmentation

like augment the DC or the dice damage?

Last edited:

eduar said:

Hello again eduar! :)

Okay I am confused.

I know I didn't do an Automatic Metapsionic Capacity in my books. Though there may be such a conversion here or on the website.

I was never fully familiar with the 3E Psionic rules, and beyond that I cannot recall the slightest thing about them. So I really can't give you an answer here.

Hopefully someone else can help you out here, sorry I can't be of more use. :(

Mr.Satan

First Post
Automatic Metapsionic Capacity IS in one of your books Krusty. It's in Ascension towards the end in the psionics section.

Appendix One: Psionics
etc.

Mr.Satan said:
Automatic Metapsionic Capacity IS in one of your books Krusty. It's in Ascension towards the end in the psionics section.

Appendix One: Psionics
etc.

Damnation and blast you Satan! :D

Okay, look I can't even remember something being in my own book. If that Appendix doesn't explain it I'm totally drawing a blank.

AMC enhanced DCs and Dice based on the individual Metamagic Feats - I assume the psionic version is somewhat similar...? :erm:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
hi

I should have chimed in on this earlier.

The text for Automatic Metapsionic Capacity says that can be used for augmenting a psionic power. How you apply the points from AMC toward a given power's augmentation (e.g. if it has multiple augmentations listed) is up to you at the time you manifest the power.

Remove ads