Ashes, all [closed]

Kaodi

Hero
Lester's shoulders sag. "There were research materials that I need in Crown Point," he says dejectedly. "If they have been overrun I may never figure this thing out..."

dream66_

First Post
Bree listens to the announcement, first with shock, then worry, then determination on her face. The moment it is over she turns to the members of her hand. "Roberc, you're mother has all those blankets right? Go get those, Dorna, gather what supplies we can stand to spare.... And then some... I'll check with the Arm, see what our orders are going forward."

Even as she speakers the members of her hand are rushing off to get to work.

It's at this moment she notices Heron speaking to her. "I am Hand Bree Windrivver, thank you for volunteering, your help will be greatly appriciated, you'll need to head down to the town hall to receive orders though, I have not been assigned to militia command."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Not sure I have volunteered yet," Heron says, a little surprised at both the rudeness and presumption of the militia person Bree. In the time he's been running the mission two of the members of this particular maniple have come to talk to him at the Mission. Roberc only came the once, but Miri has been visiting him at the end of almost every shift, in which time Heron has heard about the workload and pressures associated with serving in the militia in this small town. No doubt this one barking orders is feeling the same pressures.

Bree seems distracted, and not interested in going to the town hall, so Heron looks to the others, and then begins wandering down, hoping some will follow him.

Kaodi

Hero
Lester follows Heron, because that is what Lester does most of the time: he follows. Not a man of great magnetism, this mage is.

dream66_

First Post
Bree sees the others walk away and Ashurn still remaining behind.

"You look like you've got a strong arm and a good back. Come on I'll talk with you down to the town hall, I need to see my Arm to get my orders anyway, and we could certainly use more like you."

She slaps the human on the back and begins to walk toward the town hall.

mips42

Adventurer
After making a brief stop to square up with Alton, you head over to the town hall. Before you even enter you can hear the sound of raised voices.
Bree immediately recognizes the sound of Arm Declans' bellow.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron slinks in, his hands still in his pockets. He knows the others have also come this way, and he raises his chin to Lester, inviting him to come with him.

Heron listens to what is being said, but as he does so he also positions himself next to a woman he finds attractive, someone who is standing by herself. "What've we missed?" he whispers to her.

mips42

Adventurer
In the interest of moving thing along
'Nothing much,' Bree says. 'Just Declan shouting his head off about something or other'. With that, she lead the small group into the town hall.
'... can't just do whatever you want, Evendur! You're not Duke!'
"Trust me, Declan, I know that. But what would you have me do?"
'Wait for the reply! This way, you've stuck your neck out for a bunch of rabble!'
'Those "rabble" are our charges, Declan. You should know that by now. I'm already seen as week and slow to act, this way i've garnered a little time.
'Ah. Hand Bree. I thought I might see you here. We'll finish our "chat" later, Declan.
'
Declan, red in face, stomps out of the room and, a moment later, you hear a resounding 'boom' as the front door slams shut.
Townmaster Evendur shakes his head and sighs. It is only then that you see a small Halfling in the corner, looking on in wonder. 'Pay him no heed, Penton. He has a slight temper.
He turns then to Bree 'I see you've brought some people with you, good! Everyone,' he motions to the halfling, 'this is Penton, one of a few, shall we say, investigators that I've had scouting the perimeter for the last few hours. He comes well regarded.
'What can I do for all of you?
'

dream66_

First Post
Bree salutes the Arm, "Looking for my orders, Sir. I assume you will be sending my Hand to . I have them already getting things read."

She points to the others,

"These others here, I think they are here to volunteer for one thing or another."

Remove ads