• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashes, all [closed]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron does not like torturing enemies, even ones as harsh as this. It accomplishes nothing, and to his mind is cruel. He does not know his compatriots well, but this is distasteful.

He returns to the cart, and does not sit in the back as he has done. He sits on the front bench -- much more comfortable than the back -- and waits for the others to join him. He thinks about the former inhabitants of this house, and of the mixed reaction that they have received at the different t farms. This one has hurt him the most, though. He thinks of the short-lived humans and their small children, who had left signs, but no clear indication of what had happened to them.

Heron hopes this will not take long.

PierceSG

First Post
Seeing the reaction from both Penton and Heron, "Count yourself lucky that my friends do not condone torture." Saying that, Ashurn removes his left hand from the fiend's neck, then together with his right hand, drew and swung the greatsword down at the lizard men, splitting it right in the middle, sparing it from further pain and sufferings.

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn swung his greatsword in an arc, getting rid of the blood from his blade. He then sheathed(sp?) his weapon and walked towards where Heron and Penton are waiting at. "I'm done. Sorry to let you see the ugly side of me. Wanted to get some information out of the slithering fiend incase they have kidnapped the kids.", said Ashurn to the party.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron grunts, and hopes we'll be moving soon. He runs his thumb over the head of the child's doll that he picked up, distracted.

mips42

Adventurer
After inspecting the house and barn, you are no closer to finding the Ublers.
The house stands, silent. The small fire in the fireplace gives some warmth, but no cheer.
In the yard is the Lizardkin and the bodies of the kobolds slain earlier. The chicken yard, animal pen and well are all nearby.
Peasea seems content to lie in a furry ball near Lester, snoring slightly.

mips42

Adventurer
A further exploration of the grounds reveals no living animals in the animal pen, only grisly, mutilated corpses. The chicken yard reveals only the remains of a chicken, which is clearly something the Kobold was snacking upon before he joined the fight. A second tour of the house reveals a crudely drawn map.
After some examination, you are able to determine it is a map of the local area. A rough circle marked where Herons' hold would be, another for Crown point and a third, to the north where there is no known settlement.
Just as you'd about given up, it is in the well that the bodies of the Ublers Mother, father, teen-aged son and young daughter, are found. Each with wither their throats slit or heads horribly bashed in.

Kaodi

Hero
"Well, that was unsuitably awful of those saurian things to kill you family, Peasea," says Lester sympathetically as he strokes the cat gently. "It must have been terrible for you."

"I think we should move on as soon as possible. Whatever is marked there on the map, it can probably wait..."

PierceSG

First Post
"Maybe we should move towards where the kobolds went? If they have a camp or a nest, I would like to eradicate it.", said Ashurn as he sees the bodies in the well.

Remove ads