Ashin's Commission, RA Style--All but Michael

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The four head down in the specified order without too much trouble, although some of the less dextrous members begin to slip and slide a bit and flail about for balance. The promontory descended, the town of Duvik lies just ahead--few people seem to be out and about, even from this distance, and those they do glance doing their daily chores seem to be doing so cautiously and guardedly and ducking into the safety of their homes as quickly as they can on completion.*

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf taps his full plate with his gauntleted knuckles.

"Well, I'm not much good at sneaking in there. If my crystal was with us..." he sends out a probing thought, looking for the crystal. Assuming it's still more than a mile away...

"But it isn't. So we get ready for a possible attack and walk in."

Unless someone has a better idea, the party will warilly march into town. As they enter town, Ironwolf will manifest his force shield. He'll hold off on any further power usage until he sees some sign of gathering hostility.

He believes that unless they are very organized, there will probable be some threats and/or a gathering of troops before any actual attack.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: By the way, just to let you know--I'm putting this adventure on super-special speed-mode, which means that rather than waiting for half of the party to say 'Aye', which I usually do, if anyone posts with an action that doesn't seem completely suicidal, I'm going to make it happen. In this case, Ironwolf only had speech text and not an action, so I shall continue to wait)

ooc: *Wonder's if he's achieved "completely suicidal"* :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No, it would have to be obviously suicidal--for instance, walking into a black spherical 'portal' that I knew was a Sphere of Annihilation but you didn't wouldn't count as obviously suicidal ;) It's just easier to update HoA when I have less time)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Ironwolf and the others march into town, the few people out and about gasp at the sight of the heavily armed and armoured group, including an orc, and they either dart into their homes if they are nearby and bar the doors or else run towards a larger building near the centre of town.*

Patlin

Explorer
We head toward the building in the center of town.

Do people look sick?

Any sign of soldiers, foreign or domestic?

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity follows along moving closer to Hulgyr for safety. She looks about warily, unsure whether the people are just frightened by their armed presence or something more sinister (which she is expecting to jump out at them any minute).

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Moving towards the central building, it appears to be a church or sanctuary of some sort. The people they see are generally fleeing and so difficult to assess, but they don't seem visibly sick from what little the group can tell. They don't see any soldiers.*

Xael

First Post
"Well, something is wrong here, but not quite what I expected.", Almayce mumbles as they enter the town.

"Unless we start to get greeted by arrows or something, I suppose we should just go and knock on the door.", he says as the group closes on the church.

OOC: Sorry, I was away from home for a week.

Remove ads