D&D 5E Asian Monsters Kickstarter

They've done a bunch of stuff for Pathfinder 1st Edition
Most of their books have been expansions on Adventure Paths
Paizo worked with them to do the 5th Ed update of KINGMAKER that has been coming "soon" for a little over a year

Not familiar with the names of any of the freelancers tho
They've done some 5th Ed stuff before. Mostly small PDFs and short adventures

Voadam

Legend
Legendary Games also has a smaller 28 page 5e Asian themed bestiary, Beasts from the East, which is by different authors (also comes in a PF 1e version).

Legendary Games usually does good bestiaries with interesting stories and good art for their beasties. I enjoyed their more fey themed small bestiaries (Coldwell Codex and Boreal Bestiary) and their big gothic sourcebook.

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi all, just posting a link here as I thought it might interest some others:

Asian Monsters: 90+ magnificent monsters for D&D 5E

It seems like there could be some really nifty ideas drawn from various cultures to bring in something fresh.

I haven't bought any of their products before. What is other people's experience with Legendary Games?
Thanks for checking in and I hope you jump on board with the project. We've got somewhere around 200 5E products, having started making stuff for 5E literally on the day it came out, with stuff ranging from short adventures to magic item books to massive rulebooks like Ultimate Kingdoms for doing mass combat, castle and kingdom building, relationships and more, compilations of smaller products like folks mentioned with the Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium and Pirate Campaign Compendium, giant adventure paths like the 748-page Legendary Planet, and sci-fi supplements like the Alien Bestiary and Alien Codex.

This year we've been rolling out a series of Quick-Starters, featuring immediate fulfillment on PDFs as soon as the projects end, and we're optimizing our printing process too to shrink that time window. Mythos Monsters and Sea Monsters had nearly 3000 backers between them, and people have definitely enjoyed the quick turnaround time as well as the excellent quality.

But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. We've just released the Asian Monsters FREE Preview PDF, which is a 10-page preview of what you'll find inside the final book! Grab a copy right now at DrivethruRPG or the Legendary Games webstore!

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
Legendary Games also has a smaller 28 page 5e Asian themed bestiary, Beasts from the East, which is by different authors (also comes in a PF 1e version).

Legendary Games usually does good bestiaries with interesting stories and good art for their beasties. I enjoyed their more fey themed small bestiaries (Coldwell Codex and Boreal Bestiary) and their big gothic sourcebook.
Glad you enjoyed Beasts of the East! All of the monsters in that book are also included in our new Asian Monsters book, and so many more!

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
They've done a bunch of stuff for Pathfinder 1st Edition
Most of their books have been expansions on Adventure Paths
Paizo worked with them to do the 5th Ed update of KINGMAKER that has been coming "soon" for a little over a year

Not familiar with the names of any of the freelancers tho
They've done some 5th Ed stuff before. Mostly small PDFs and short adventures
The most recent update I heard on Kingmaker's release was that it had been pushed back to the first quarter of 2022. I can't speak to Paizo's internal processes or product scheduling, but we turned over our documents in March of 2020, and then did a follow-up bit of work for them on it around the beginning of this year. I'm sure it'll be terrific when it finally releases, but it definitely is taking longer than I think anyone expected.

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
Backed! Thanks for pointing this one out, always on the lookout for monsters (and Aztec/Native American/Asian/Viking/Pirate campaign settings :) )
If you like Aztec stuff you absolutely should keep an eye out for our next Kickstarter project, the two-book Boricubos: The Lost Isles campaign setting/player book and the companion Latin American Monsters bestiary! We're actually doing that project for D&D 5E, Pathfinder RPG, and Pathfinder Second Edition, and layout is done on the 5E and PF1 versions of Boricubos already, with work continuing on the monster books; the base version of the book manuscript is complete, but we're also anticipating likely stretch goals so we're working on those in advance in order to minimize any possible delays in fulfillment.

Attachments

• Latin American Monsters Cover.jpg
    Latin American Monsters Cover.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
  • Boricubos 5E cover mock.jpg
    Boricubos 5E cover mock.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 84

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
Thanks for checking in and I hope you jump on board with the project. We've got somewhere around 200 5E products, having started making stuff for 5E literally on the day it came out, with stuff ranging from short adventures to magic item books to massive rulebooks like Ultimate Kingdoms for doing mass combat, castle and kingdom building, relationships and more, compilations of smaller products like folks mentioned with the Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium and Pirate Campaign Compendium, giant adventure paths like the 748-page Legendary Planet, and sci-fi supplements like the Alien Bestiary and Alien Codex.

This year we've been rolling out a series of Quick-Starters, featuring immediate fulfillment on PDFs as soon as the projects end, and we're optimizing our printing process too to shrink that time window. Mythos Monsters and Sea Monsters had nearly 3000 backers between them, and people have definitely enjoyed the quick turnaround time as well as the excellent quality.

But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. We've just released the Asian Monsters FREE Preview PDF, which is a 10-page preview of what you'll find inside the final book! Grab a copy right now at DrivethruRPG or the Legendary Games webstore!
Actually, I forgot I could attach actual files and not just images here on ENWorld. BEHOLD, the Asian Monsters Free Preview PDF!

Attachments

• Asian Monsters 5E Free Preview.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 98

Remove ads