log in or register to remove this ad

 

Assassination 2: The Lost Children

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead knight did not join the others at the table, instead standing a still post near the entrance to the room. His accoutrements were as polished as every, and he could almost be taken for a statue. But a statue made out of dead flesh and bone.

Apparently, the Karrnathi had nothing to say. Or its perspective was too different to of much use to those that eat and drank this day.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KarinsDad

First Post
The undead knight did not join the others at the table, instead standing a still post near the entrance to the room. His accoutrements were as polished as every, and he could almost be taken for a statue. But a statue made out of dead flesh and bone.

Apparently, the Karrnathi had nothing to say. Or its perspective was too different to of much use to those that eat and drank this day.

OOC: If I was playing Skyrim, the first thing I would attack is the Undead standing in the inn. If this were a table game, I'd put cigars in one of his hands and a tin cup in the other and make a profit. ;)
 

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia winces slightly as Dusk presses against her legs, but otherwise doesn't complain. "Oh, sorry, Venakhad asked me whether I thought working with the Oni was a wise choice, given that such creatures are inherently wicked. I said I didn't think such an assumption was given, and then he replied with a very reaching hypothetical situation."

She then turns back to Venakhad, "I didn't let him fly away, not that I would have been able to stop him, because I'm selfish or lazy. Neither did I do it because I thought he could help us, although I do hope he can. I 'let' him live because I'm not aware he's done anything that would justify his death. I'm not going to murder someone because of what he might do."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest shakes his head
"That's not what I said, thought or implied. First of all, I said "we", nobody's blaming you for anything. Second, by his own admission he did some...well... unsavory things. And finally, we could have still refused the help since, as you said, its kind is inherently wicked. And he seemed typical for his kind. I realize you have vested interested in well being of Karnath as a whole, but that doesn't mean this whole thing should be personal. The abomination..." Venakhad gestures toward undead knight "...is also your countryman. I had to learn not to blast his kind on sight, but I can appreciate his patriotism and carry on civil conversation when I have to. Lucky for me, they are not much on social small talk.

What I'm trying to say is that I know of moral, ethical and religious ambiguities, that's why I asked about The Oni. Not to comment on your own valor or honor. If I hurt your feelings in any way, I apologize. It was not my intention."


He coughs after long speech and sips on his juice to clear his throat.
"I would prefer to keep further communication mental, it's hard for me to talk for long." Alexia hears kalashtars mind-speak
 
Last edited:

KarinsDad

First Post
"That Oni is almost definitely a thief and a liar and probably a murderer, but cities have stupid rules about who you can and cannot kill. It's not a matter of killing him, it's a matter of justifying killing him. Out in the wild, he'd already be dead. But, his time will come." Chael says nonchalantly as if she were discussing the price of ale instead of discussing killing someone. "On to more pleasant thoughts, what do you think the ambassador wants? You'd think people could just get along for the betterment of everyone, but no, money and greed drives the world. So, I guess we'll need to go grease the wheels for someone yet again, thinking that we are actually doing good and accomplishing something real when we're really not." she sighs.

*Dusk, I said stay away from her. I see you trying to slide closer.* she looks at Dusk as he casually lays a fore paw across Alexia's foot. *Make yourself useful and watch the door.* she thinks as she grabs a sausage off her plate, throws it over near the undead knight, and most everyone watches with amusement as the table lurches again spilling drinks as Dusk heads over for his snack. Well, maybe not everyone. Czern looks down to see the bear now lying on the floor next to him, sniffing his boots.

"No worries. Kal's god will make sure that he and the Oni meet again. And on a brighter note, at least the pig is outside and not being a pest like Dusk here." she smiles.
 

Vertexx69

First Post
Assassination 2
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
88/88 HP (0THP)
Resist All 1

The piles of food on the platters before the group shrinks quickly as the littlest goliath tucks in, shoveling the filling fuel into the glowing furnace that runs her seemingly endless rage. She tears meat from the bone as if she hadn't eaten in a week, while the others wax intellectual about the motives and personality of the big blue ogre. After what has seemed like days of sitting at the meeting table, Rohna begins to slow in her impressive show of gluttony right as the first bare spot is revealed on the nearest platter.

The deep red runes running up and down the center of Kordestad's new form pulse slowly with malicious intent from its perch in the corner behind the fighter. The blade of the glaive is almost as long as a standard longsword, but nearly three times as wide. For those who care to notice, the pulse of the weapon is perfectly synchronized with throb of subtly glowing crimson in the crystaline growths that stud the obsidian skinned womans face and arms at brow, cheek, chin, elbow and the very Dragonmark of Handling which disappears into her full cleavage. "All I know is that I hope the ambassador saw to the problem I asked his help with. It will help us out quite a bit on this next leg of our journey together."
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: ...
Action Point: ...
Gore:
...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 88/88 (0THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades


Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think Rohna's sheet is now fully updated in the above link.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

First Post
Malehan and kal'Tarron sit quietly, enjoying a spartan meal. After a moment, Malehan is so quiet that at first he is thought to have fallen asleep. The soft sounds issuing from his lips reveals the avenger's stillness results from a moment of prayer and meditation.

After a few minutes of conversation, the door to the back room opens. Ambassador Milthane, flanked by two Ambassador Guards, strides into the room. A hooded figure follows behind the entourage. While Milthane radiates a commanding presence, fatigue and worry seem to have worn away some of his strength.

"My friends," he greets you, "I thank you for being here this morning. What you did for me... nay, for all the nations, yesterday was heroic. You stepped forward when many would have turned the other cheek. I do suspect if the assassins would have succeeded, we would be facing war. What I ask of you now is of a more personal nature."

He turns to the robed figure and extends his hand, "Please let me introduce Kava Velderan of House Tharashk."

With the introduction, the robed figure steps forward and pulls back the cowl, revealing a middle aged human female. Her appearance is simultaneously somewhat common and regal at the same time. There is no mistaking the dragonmark that starts below the right neck and radiates down to shoulder before being covered by her clothing. The woman beneath the robe quickly takes in the adventurers before her. Each individual feels as though the casual and brief gaze at each member of the group is actually deeply analytical and gauging... as if one's strengths and weaknesses are being annotated for future reference.

"Good morn," Kava starts. "Per Ambassador Milthane's request, my agents have spent the whole of the night retracing the actions of these Droaam assassins. I've had a conversation with.... a certain blue tinged person with whom you have spoken. I believe his statements to be true."

Kava Velderan starts to slowly walk around the table, talking as she goes, "We have learned that a shipment of unknown cargo was sent from Sharn at the moment when the potential assassins arrived. We believe that the Ambassador's daughter was taken from Sharn and sent to Droaam. The caravan traveled via road in the direction of Greywall. I have a kinsman with influence in Greywall, I believe he will be able to help once you arrive there."

Milthane speaks up at this point, "We believe the best course of action is to send you with a normal appearing caravan, in an attempt to more or less sneak you into Droaam. If you go by airship or some other highly announced passage, I fear you could send warning to those responsible for these actions."

Kava snorts at Milthane's hesitation, "There is no point beating around the bush, Milthane. The gnolls you saw in the Depths, you told the guards that they were demon worshipers, yes? Do any of you know of Droaam's recent lore? About the Znir pact?"

GM: Okay, since I'm not sure how much Eberron you know, feel free to ask questions, share what you know, or make knowledge checks regarding any or all the details. And please feel free to start asking questions to the NPC's
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I know of the religious part of the event. It was millennia ago, when gnolls stopped worshiping their demonic gods that the pact was formed. The gnolls not following demons are said to belong to Znir pact. And there is kind of yearly celebration around the main temple of Yeenoghu, their former patron. What does it have to do with the kindnapping? They are not sacrificing...ah, gnolls and trolls following the demon. You think they will try some kind of ritual?"

Religion (1d20+11=30)
 

FourMonos

First Post
Kava smiles at the young Kalashtar, "Very good and very correct. Most of the gnolls that inhabit Droaam no longer worship the demon Yeenoghu. However, the ones that do have flocked to the warlord Rhesh Turakbar. Turakbar is a ferocious minotaur who worships Baphomet, the horned demon often called the Horned King. Based on this association, we believe Rhesh Turakbar is ultimately behind the attempted assassination. It seems likely that is where the ambassador's daughter was taken. My kinsman Kundran Torrn should be able to confirm that the shipment leaving here ended at his fort, Turakbar's Fist."
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, what's our mission? And, forgive me for asking this, ambassador, but what is our priority? Killing the leader, destroying the cult...or retrieving your daughter at any cost?"
 


FourMonos

First Post
The ambassador's look is grim, "At this moment, my only concern is for my daughter. I understand larger forces and actions are in play, but right now, finding out if my daughter is alive is all that matters to me."

He lays his hand on Kava's shoulder, "Lady Veldaran has agreed to assist and put us in contact with her kinsman, Lord Torrn. What you find when you get to Droaam and what you do with it from there is up to you."
 


FourMonos

First Post
"The Droaamites arrived four days ago, we suspect that is when the Ambassador's daughter was taken away. We are having a shipment of supplies for Greywall leave today. Now, actually, if you agree to help."

OOC: For an FYI, I did get some feedback that the first installment of 'Assassination' adventure path was a little too regimented. So, I have the plan set forth with the who, what and where, but I'm going to let you guys run things more and have your decisions take you where you go... and suffer the consequences :devil:
 

KarinsDad

First Post
"The Droaamites arrived four days ago, we suspect that is when the Ambassador's daughter was taken away. We are having a shipment of supplies for Greywall leave today. Now, actually, if you agree to help."

"I don't understand. A caravan that left four days ago would still be on our side of the Dagger River. They should be less than a hundred miles away now. The crossing is what, three hundred miles away? Why don't we just take an airship and stop them before they get anywhere near Droam? An airship goes about as fast as a caravan, but it can travel at night. We could catch it in four days while it is still well over a hundred miles from the crossing. We could travel low so that they don't see us coming. If we take horses, we could pass the caravan, travel ahead of it off road, and set up an ambush."
 

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Oh ho! Someone seeketh a skill challenge! Race to the Dagger River, eh? I need to consult maps first. Anyone else have thoughts, feedback, ideas?
 

KarinsDad

First Post
GM: Oh ho! Someone seeketh a skill challenge! Race to the Dagger River, eh? I need to consult maps first. Anyone else have thoughts, feedback, ideas?

"A lightning rail is probably even faster. It has stops, but it's faster than even an airship and nobody would pay attention to it traveling past the caravan."
 

FourMonos

First Post
Kava nods with Chael's recommendations, "Yes, we considered those last night. Those would be viable options, friend, if we knew for certain the path they took and the we were certain when they left. The Droaam insurgents arrived here four days ago. The Ambassador's daughter has been missing two weeks. Her convoy from Karrnath didn't arrive here. It is possible that this talk to holding her hostage was just all that... talk.

"Then how do we know they traveled by land or sea? Droaam has a port at Vrelkak as well as its traveled roads to Greywall. If they traveled with their traditional ogre companions, how do we know they took the common roads when they could have gone directly for the Greywall mountains. When we contemplated the variables, we thought the best path would be to get you into Droaam at Greywall and follow leads from there."
 

Vertexx69

First Post
Assassination 2
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
88/88 HP (0THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna pauses in her enthusiastic gustation, taking a long breath. The juices from the various foods make her chiseled black chin shine bright as she throws in her two cents. "Since we don't know what route or mode they took, the faster we get there then the better, right? We can worry about tracking the child down once we get there." She looks around the table to see if any of the other items catch her fancy, then drains a tankard of breakfast mead to clear her stony palette.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: ...
Action Point: ...
Gore:
...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 88/88 (0THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades


Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think Rohna's sheet is now fully updated in the above link.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top