Assassination 2: The Lost Children

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION]?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [Mention=10]FourMonos[/Mention], did you take into account Minotaur 1 being marked and at -3 for its attacks? If not, then Alexia was not hit and pushed back.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
ooc: nope, darn forgot that part as I thought the ogre was marked. I'll fix it when I'm back in Internet tomorrow

OOC: No worries. That just means that I don't get to Mind Spike Minotaur 1. I fixed Alexia's location, but not her hit points.

Btw, I'd like to point out to the team that Ted has +18 to hit. He's going to hit us most rounds and he might be averaging over 27 points of damage. Just FYI.

Note: I pushed back the three foes I hit. Hopefully, that does not screw anyone up.

Also, Chael is now Invisible.

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]After Rohna's attacks on Minotaur 1, is it dead? If not, is it dead after Chael's attack? Is Ogre 4 dead after Chael's attack?

"Alexia! Get behind me away from the giant, but next to me and Dusk." Chael yells out as she again hits multiple foes with her rocks. She then vanishes from sight.
OOC: Setting up Ted

*Get ready Dusk*

[sblock=Actions]
Chael had 8 temp hit points and 70 hit points. So, Minotaur 2 hits for 19-8 = 11 to 59 hit points and Ted hits for 18 to 41 hit points. Not 35 hit points.

No action: Takes 5 hit points ongoing, now the total is 36 and Chael is bloodied.
Standard: Magic Stones vs. Minotaur 1, Ogre 4 and Minotaur 3 in that order. If Rohna already killed Minotaur 1, then the first attack will go against Minotaur 2 instead.
Minor: Battlemind's Demand on Ted.
Move: Camouflage Cloak on Chael. Chael goes invisible.
No action: Save vs. ongoing damage made.

Versus Reflex for 14 damage, Mino 1 26, Ogre 4 25, Mino 3 29, 16 on saving throw

All 3 of these should hit.

+2 to defenses to Chael due to Dusk, +5 to Chael's defenses due to invisibility, +1 to Dusk's defenses due to Chael, partial concealment vs. ranged attacks for all behind Twilight Shield mist

+2 to Alexia's defenses if she moves next to Dusk

Ted is marked and at -3 to hit anyone but Chael.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Immediate Actions]
In order:

Using Mind Spike on Ted this round if he moves in to attack Alexia or Dusk.

IR
Mind Spike
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by Chael deals damage to her ally with an attack that doesn’t include her as a target.
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to Chael's ally.

Not doing Guardian's Counter this round unless Ted attacks Alexia and Alexia is not next to Chael.

II
Guardian's Counter
Close burst 2; Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of Chael is hit by an attack and she is not included in the attack.
Effect: Chael and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. She becomes the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Chael can make a basic attack against the attacker.

Will do Forceful Reversal Augment 1 without pushing or shifting if Ted hits Chael and is adjacent to her.

IR
Forceful Reversal (augment 1)
Trigger: An enemy hits Chael.
Attack: +15 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square.
Effect: Chael doesn’t get her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 1:
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square and then shifts 1 square to the square the target vacated. In addition, she gains combat advantage against the target until the end of her next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 2
Hit: 2d8+6 force damage, and Chael knocks the target prone. The target cannot stand up until the start of its next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: Invisible
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +5, Passive Insight: 27 Passive Perception: 27
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 2/4
HP 36/76
Bloodied 38
Surge Value 19; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 29 Fortitude 22 Reflex 20 Will 23 Speed 5
Currently AC: 36 Fortitude 29 Reflex 27 Will 29 adjacent to Dusk, invisible
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used
Dusk:
HP: 30/38 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 23, Fortitude: 25, Reflex: 21, Will: 25
Currently AC: 24, Fortitude: 26, Reflex: 22, Will: 26 (adjacent to Chael) PLUS partial concealment vs. ranged Twilight Shield PLUS cover bonus by Chael
Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike
Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Spirited Wind
Wind Wall
Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Summon Fire Beetle
Wall of Thorns
Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery
Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter
Psychic Feast
Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Cloak of Displacement +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Summon Fire Beetle
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Leave Mr Horn to me!"

OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], can we get clarification who's dead, bloodied or alive and kicking?

I certainly hope M1's still standing :( Please, the rest of you, leave it for me, I'm planning a nova (well, as much of one as warlock can :(

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], can you weaken Ted instaed of healing bloodied esp. if this un-bloodies Alexia?

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC:
I certainly hope M1's still standing :( Please, the rest of you, leave it for me, I'm planning a nova (well, as much of one as warlock can :(

OOC: I seriously doubt that M1 is still standing since Alexia gave it -2 to AC, it looks like Rohna did 36 points of damage to it and Chael did 16. The Minotaurs only appear to have about 100 hit points and it already took 62. In fact, there's a good chance that Rohna killed it without Chael's help.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Seeing the giant and his great club, the priest defers healing to more proactive prevention of harm to his companions. He points his holy symbol toward the giant beseeching his patron for protection of this valiant group.

The answer comes with the end of the prayer as small angel attaches to the club and pulls against the giant swing whenever he hits. On every hit, more and more angels grab the club and slow it more and more so that all hits are weakened.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Iron to Glass vs Teds Ref (1d20+14=33) - Until the end of the encounter Ted has -4 TO DAMAGE and penalty increases by 2 whenever he hits to a max of -10

Minor: waiting until all that damage dealing and movement changes are resolved...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Venakhad stats]
Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 30, Passive Perception 21
HP 58/69 + 5 temp hp, Bloodied 34, Surge Value 17, Surges 7/8
AC 24; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 24

1/1 AP
Speed 6

Astral Seal
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Hymn of Resurgence
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Prescient Maneuver
Shinning Symbol
Peacemaker's Light

Healing Word
Healing Word
Healer's Mercy
Divine Fortune

Moment of Glory
Return From Death's Door
Iron to Glass
Blade Barrier

Symbol of the Holy Nimbus +2 Critical: +2d6. Property: When healing word is used Venakhad and allies withing 5 squares get 5 temporary hit points
Healer's Brooch +1 Property: +1 NADs. When Venakhad uses power that regains hit points to the target(s) add +1 to regained value.
Medic's Mace +1 Critical: +1d6 radiant damage, Property: when Venakhad uses Channel Divinity power one ally within 10 squares regains 4 hp. Daily power: standard action: regain use of Channel Divinity for this encounter.
Delver's Hide +2 Daily power: free action: gain +2 bonus to saving throw just rolled. Use new result.
Helm of Battle Property: Venakhad and allies within 5 squares of him get +1 item bonus to initiative checks
Spell Anchors Daily Free Action: Sustain one power that normally requires a minor action to sustain.

[sblock=Immediates]
if two or more allies would be saved from the attack, if one ally would be dropped by the attack or dropped into hazardous terrain:
Bastion of Mental Clarity (Immediate Interrupt when An enemy hits or misses Venakhad with an attack against his Will.; encounter) ? [Racial power]
Close burst 5; Target: Each ally in burst Effect: Each target gains a +4 power bonus to Will until the end of your next turn.

If it would make the attack hit on non-minion or make saving throw succeed
Divine Fortune (Free; Channel Divinity; encounter) ? [Divine]
Effect: Venakhad gains a +1 bonus to his next attack roll or saving throw before the end of his next turn.

If an ally is critted or would drop or the fight is winding down:
Reverent Mettle: Immediate interrupt, reduce damage by 8

if it would prevent charger from hitting (by moving out of range) or if it can position Venakhad for Peacemakers light (burst 2) and Peacemaker light wasn't used yet:
Prescient Maneuver (Immediate Interrupt when Enemy moves willingly on it's turn within 5 squares of Venakhad; encounter)
Venakhad shifts 3 squares

As needed:
Return From Death's Door (Immediate Interrupt when An ally withing withing 20 squares fails a death saving throw; daily) ? [Divine, Healing]
Target succeedes on death saving throw and can spend a healing surge and regain extra 7 hp
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I seriously doubt that M1 is still standing since Alexia gave it -2 to AC, it looks like Rohna did 36 points of damage to it and Chael did 16. The Minotaurs only appear to have about 100 hit points and it already took 62. In fact, there's a good chance that Rohna killed it without Chael's help.

OOC: Somehow I totally missed Rhona's attack, otherwise I'd be all over the minotaur to spread the curse and blast away :( My bad totally. Still, I will now wait for update on M1 status and positions of others.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah Rohna has only hit a couple times this entire combat, but when she does, it makes an impression.

OOC: If you say so. Personally, I'd prefer to hit more often for less damage than less often for more damage because a fight cannot be won by missing. ;)

Pre-this round, Rohna was in last place damage-wise. What a slacker! :lol:

41 Rhona
104 Chael
47 Bellegon
52 Venakhad
115 Alexia
93 Czern
95 Malehan

Remove ads