Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: You're going to have to start behind us [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] baring a note from [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], we start in C-F 1-10; row 11s invalid.

Perception +6: Fail
The undead warrior hustles forward, avoiding the crowd for the most part. It did not boast, it did not call out. These were unneeded.
OOC: Double run to position on map.
[sblock=Czern Belog (Defender Aura; Defend the Line stance; Granting CA)]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 85/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 15/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat
Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"You will clear the way rabble. I have killed dragons and demons from the very pit of hell itself. My mount has scrapped the remains of things tougher than you from between the creases of his hooves. You can either flee or be ground into sticky red paste, the choice is yours."

"You know where some demons are? I would surely like to try my steel against some more demons!" Chael exclaims.

OoC: Try not to block the charging dire boar when you move up folks. :devil:

*Did you hear something Dusk? I hear this mental telepathy buzzing, but I cannot make it out. Eh. Must not be important.* Chael shrugs. :devil:

FourMonos

First Post
Street Fight, Round 2

GM: @Vertexx69 I moved you back to be in the starting area.

One of the ruffians a snort, "Ugh, Karnathi. Those things reek. Take it down boys."

Multiple crossbow bolts and arrows fly at the knight. One bolt thunks heavily into the cart next to Czern. Two arrows thunk heavily into the pedestrians next to him. They go down in screams of pain. One crossbow bolt hits the knight. The remaining pedestrians around the ruffians start running out of the way.

"You guys stink as bad as that thing,"
comments the ruffian from the back. He moves forward, swinging a hammer in one hand and a cleaver in the other. He makes his way forward, knocking down any civilians who had not yet moved out of the way. He holds up his cleaver menacingly and shouts, "Come and get it ugly."

The other two move up swinging their short swords as if they had done this before.

After Rohna's impassioned cry, the pedestrians have moved away from both the heroes and the thugs.

[sblock=current conditions] The carts north of row 13 and south of row 26 are cleared of people. The area between still are crowded by shocked people and considered difficult terrain and partial cover.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Round Summary]
Czern moves forward, grants CA.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Daylight.

Black squares are buildings.

Brown squares are carts/booths: difficult terrain.

*Squares around carts and booths from row 13 to 26 are difficult terrain due to pedestrians.*

Map.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Czern Belog (E-23): 78/85; HS 14/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: granting combat advantage, partial cover

Chael: (D-10): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

Dusk: (C-9): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus: +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael.

Malehan (F-10): 68/68; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (D-9): 65/65; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

kal-Tarron (F-8): 56/56; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (F-7): 59/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna
(D-E, 7-8): 76/76; HS 13/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Goon 1: Crossbow vs Czern: 1d20+11 → [8,11] = (19)
Goon 2: Crossbow vs. Czern: 1d20+11 → [16,11] = (27) Hit for 7 damage.
Goon 3: Crossbow vs. Czern: 1d20+11 → [1,11] = (12) Roll.

Thug 1: Move to G-28. Short bow vs. Czern: 1d20+13, 1d8+3 → ([7, 13], [4, 3]) Miss.
Thug 2: Short bow vs. Czern: 1d20+13, 1d8+3 → ([4, 13], [3, 3]) Miss.

Ruffian 1: Double move to C-28.
Ruffian 2: Move to E-28. Ready action.

Ringleader: Move to D-28. Ready action.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Ruffians: ??AC ??F ??R ??W
1: (G-32) Damage taken:
2: (E-32) Damage taken:

Thugs: ??AC ??F ??R ??W
1. (G-28) Damage taken:
2. (F-30) Damage taken:

Goons: ??AC ??F ??R ??W
1. (B-29) Damage taken:
2. (D-29) Damage taken:
3. (F-28) Damage taken:

Ringleader: (C-31) ??AC ??F ??R ??W
Damage taken:
[/sblock]

GM: Heroes are up!

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: wow from the front, all the way to the back. Rohna would have never stopped outside her own charge range but whatever. No combat for Rohna in the first round... Move to (C/17-D/18) to set up a charge for next round.

Velmont

First Post
"I'll take their leader..." and Malehan move forward, stopping a moment behind a stall. Seeing some bystander, he tells them "Go away, this street will not be safe for a moment."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Free: Passive Perception is 31
Move: Walk from F10 to F11 -> F12 -> F13 -> F14 -> E15 -> D16 -> D17
Move: Walk to D17 to D18 -> D19 -> E20 -> F21
Minor: Oath of Enmity on Ringleader

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION]: If Czern go for Ringleader, you are welcome to use Divine Guidance.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: wow from the front, all the way to the back. Rohna would have never stopped outside her own charge range but whatever. No combat for Rohna in the first round... Move to (C/17-D/18) to set up a charge for next round.

GM: [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] yeah, sorry bout that, but it got pretty crowded up front. Also, you know you can move yourself on the map? The beauty of google docs

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron advances upon the ruffians, his axe and holy symbol raised.

OOC:
Double move to G17 - I think I've added up the difficult terrain right and can make it there with two moves of 7.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The crossbow bolt sticks out of his right shoulder, but Czern ignores it. If it was goaded, it did not deign to show it. Instead, Czern tightened his grip on his finely crafted hammer and bore down on the leader with force. It appeared his blow was going to miss, but some sort of divine guidance seemed to correct his attack at the last moment...
OOC: Charge the leader (8). While I assume they have attacks readied, i'll roll this anyway (and unless they readied for his move and not his attack, they attack after him anyway): Miss, but use Divine Guidance to reroll: AC 27, and (w/ Power Strike if hit) 30 dmg, leader is slowed, immobilized, and grants Czern CA TENT Czern.

Czern has resist 1/all, so I assume the damage was 6, not 7.
[sblock=Czern Belog (Defender Aura; Defend the Line stance)]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 79/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 14/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat
Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, I officially hate PBP now. Czern has moved 17 squares and attacked before Cheal even got to do anything.

Btw, could we have a rule where ONLY 4M changes the map and everyone posts the squares that they are moving to (as opposed to stating that they moved where they moved)? (sorry 4M, but this is only the beauty of Google docs in some apps, not in an FRPG)

The map is too fluid if everyone is constantly changing it. It's bad enough that it is a dynamic map where nobody can tell if someone moved 3 squares or 10 squares in a single move because we have no history and no way to see what is actually happening without a history. At a table, everyone can see where the PC started. With static maps, everyone can see where the PC started. With dynamic maps where people do not post the square where they move each round, it's chaos.

Or maybe we could have a different google map for each round which would solve these types of problems for us old grognards.

Alternatively, Chael could just charge 17 squares and nobody would really be the wiser because the map went away. ;)

Also, could the bad guys be labeled G1 through G3, T1, T2, R1, R2, and Ring or something? I cannot tell who is who.

Plus, what are the R's on the map?

Last edited:

Remove ads