Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I think [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] is back, so I'll just check with him to see if he is ready to post. If I don't hear anything, I'll NPC him again.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The troll falls, and the undead makes an unholy bellow, threatening all foes around him with the same. He steps back then charges at the shadowy remains of the summoned troll, hammer high.
OOC: Glowering Threat (GGF4, GG2, and Shadow Troll have a -5 to attack anyone not Czern). he shifts back then charges Shadow Troll: AC 22, 18 dmg, and prone (but I think its a miss).
[sblock=Immediate Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Steadfast Amulet: (Immediate Interrupt) Czern stunned or dazed w/ a save ends effect; Czern makes an immediate save to cancel the effect. If failed, power not expended.
- Opportunity Action (1/combatant): MBA if not marked and shift or attack not Czern while in aura: +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect; 2 damage on miss
- Opportunity Attack (1/combatant): MBA +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Guardian's Counter: (Immediate Interrupt) If ally w/ 2 sqs. hit by attack that drop them/bloodies and Czern not also attacked: Czern and ally swap positions, Czern becomes target, and can make MBA after resolved; +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If adjacent ally hit by attack that would drop/bloody them: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
- Strikebacks: (Immediate Reaction) Non-minion hits Czern and deals damage: MBA +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Unbreakable: (Immediate Reaction) Czern hit by an attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 11.
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If Czern hit by attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
[/sblock]
[sblock=Czern Belog (Defending the Line Stance; Defender Aura; +2 AC vs Troll, +2 all defenses, +2 to AC in general]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 54/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 10/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 0/2, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 1
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands

Dark Reaping
Glowering Threat
Unbreakable
Shield Block

Strikebacks (encounter)
Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness (daily)
Steadfast Amulet +2 (daily)

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Czern_Belog_(stonegod))[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I realized after stonegod posted that kal'Tarron hadn't yet, so I just posted moves for him.
@stonegod I think you forgot you used Glowering Threat here, so I just glazed over the penalty on attack rolls.

kal'Tarron continues his onslaught against the clawed gnoll, landing another solid blow. Finally, the gnoll dies at the avenger's feet.

Czern's running attack fells the last shadow troll. Instead of fading away completely, the shadow trolls disperses into darkness which streaks back to the rune covered troll. The troll rises up from the ground with a sinister chuckle, "You won't find me so easy to be defeated!" The troll swipes his gnarled claws at the two nearest enemies, but fails to hit Rohna or Malehan.

The gnolls fight on with a zealous intent, oblivious to the fact the numbers have shifted and several have fallen. Alexia and Rohna receive the worst blows.

Everyone can hear the sounds of wings beating in the darkness, but whatever is making the noise is too far away to be seen.

[sblock=religion 15] The gnolls and troll all bear marks of offering to Yeenoghu, the patron demon of gnoll kind. Other beings are known worship the jackal headed demon as well. [/sblock]

[sblock=nature or dungeoneering 18] The thing in the muck is definitely a otyugh, not surprising given they feed on anything and are common in sewers or other disgusting areas. Given their low intelligence, these creatures are likely neutral and not allies of the other creatures here. [/sblock]

[sblock=perception30] The boulder shape is very odd, angular at places, sloped at others. But the most odd thing is the whole boulder seems symmetric. [sblock=perception 35] That boulder is a not a boulder, but a stone creature holding onto the harpy. Well, holding the harpy's head submerged [/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock= Hero Round Summary]
Rohna charges, hitting GG2 for 20, hitting troll twice for 46, and killing shadow troll minion.

Malehan hits troll for 26 damage.

Alexia hits GCF2 for 12 damage, -2 AC TENT.

Chael hits GCF1 and GCF2 for 12 damage and GCF3 for 23 damage.

Venakhad hits GCF4 for 12 damage.

Czern charges shadow troll (and thanks to Rohna) which hits and kills it.

kal'Tarron hits GCF4 (28 vs. AC for 18 damage Roll). Save: yes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim light. Objects/enemies >3 squares away are considered to have partial concealment. (Unless you have vision benefits)

Platforms are 30 feet above the sludge. Rusty railings are present around outside of platforms. There are support beams and girders around the bottom of the platforms. YOU CAN WALK UNDER PLATFORMS.

DC for climbing is athletics or acrobatics 15 (due to slime buildup on the structure)

Sludge is difficult terrain.

Boxes of Debris are difficult terrain.

Map: Here.

You can see something wrapped in a cloak and bound with ropes on the platform behind the troll. (Blue square on map)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog (T-13): 54/85 +5THP;HS 10/15; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

Chael (E-17): 29/66 +5THP; HS 8/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 defenses (Dusk), bloodied
Dusk: (E-18): 16/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Status: +1 defenses (Chael)

Malehan (W-12): 25/68; HS 6/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: +2 AC, bloodied

Alexia Madgearu (F-13): 39/65; HS 9/11; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron (U-12): 10/56 +6 THP; HS 2/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: Bloodied

Venakhad (U-14): 28/59; HS 5/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna (W-14): 25/76; HS 6/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status; bloodied
Olaf: 74/85 HP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

GCF3: Mobile Melee Attack vs. Alexia: 31 vs. AC for 10 damage Roll. Move to I-11.

GG1: Escape attempt vs. Otyugh: Success. Climb: Success, move up the scaffolding three squares.

GF1: Fang Bow vs. Dusk: Crit miss.

Harpy 2: Fly off map.

Harpy 3: Movement: shift to I-19. Alluring Song vs. Chael, Dusk, Alexia, Otyugh: 10, 12, 15, 16 vs. Will. (typo in rolls, but the 1d20+9 is correct) Misses everyone.

Swamp Thing: Standard: Tentacle vs. GG1: Hit for 16 damage. Causes fall for: 4 more damage.

Troll: Start: Regeneration 10. Movement: Stand. Standard: Double Attack vs. Rohna and Malehan: 17 vs AC, 20 vs. AC are both misses.

GG2: Bite vs. Rohna: 19 vs. AC misses roll.

GF2: Movement: Move to AD-16. Standard: Fang Bow vs. Rohna: 28 vs AC (roll) hits for 20 (-1) = 19 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Kidnappers]
Troll: 23 AC ?? F ?? R 20 W
(X-Y, 12-13) Damage taken: 218
Status: Used Call Troll Shade x4, slowed TENT, used Shadow Blind, OoE (Malehan), bloodied

Troll Shade 1: (R-S, 11-12)
Troll Shade 2: (Q-R, 15-16)
Troll Shade 3: (X-Y, 14-15)
Troll Shade 4: (R-S, 11-12)

Gnolls: 22 AC 20 F 18 R 17 W
1. GCF1 (F-18) Damage taken: 98 damage, bloodied
2. GCF2 (F-14) Damage taken: 98 damage, bloodied
3. GCF3 (I-11) Damage taken: 71 damage, bloodied, -2 attack rolls TENT (Alexia)
4. GCF4 (U-11) Damage taken: 104 damage, OoE (kal), bloodied
5. GCF5 (V-11) Damage taken: 94 damage

More Gnolls: 19 AC 20 F ?? R 18 W
1. GG1 (C-28) Damage taken: 90, bloodied, prone, grabbed (DC 16)
2. GG2 (W-15) Damage taken: 59, bloodied

Even More Gnolls! 22 AC 20 F ?? R ?? W
1. GF1 (D-31) Damage taken: 13
2. GF2 (AD-16) Damage taken: 28

Harpies: 20 AC ?? F ?? R 19 W
1. H1 (R-15) Damage taken: used Deadly Screech
2. H2 (I-6) Damage taken: 67, used Deadly Screech, bloodied
3. H3 (I-19) Damage taken: used Deadly Screech

(*Please note! The harpies elevation (in squares) is marked on the map. So a 6 would indicate 30 feet up (level with the platforms).)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Swamp Thing] ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
(G-H, 22-23): Damage taken:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priest moves around the melee into the middle of the platform.
"Yeenoghu may have given you unnatural life. We'll make it right again. You'll even serve as a beacon of light! "
The priest draws a shield rune which flies over the troll and attaches itself to trolls chest, despite his gyrations.

"Malehan, hit the troll!" the order echoes in Malehans head, strange mental double voice strong as priests natural voice is weak.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: U14 -> U16 -> V17 ->Y17

Standard: Astral Seal vs Troll Ref (1d20+13=32) - next ally to hit the troll heals 7hp, troll is at -2 to all defenses

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Malehan strikes again the Troll, killing it for another time. "Someone, we need to burn his corpse... with fire or acid..."

[SBLOCK=OOC]@FourMonos: I used my Belt power, savng 15 damages and then taking 10. So Malehan should have started this turn at 30/66 hp.

Standard: Bond of Pursuit vs AC on Troll (2d10.takeHighest(1)+15=25, 2d4+11=14) Hit for 17 damages. Malehan regains 7hp thanks to Astral Seal. => 37/68

Minor: Sustain Soul Seeker.

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 37/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC 26(28); Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 0

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[X]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[X]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Divine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[X]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[X]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[X]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[X]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@ fourmonos]You keep fogetting Rohna's THP when assigning dmg to her:
Round 2 - assigned 11 when only took 6 after her 5THP
Round 3 - assigned 10 when she had Resist all 5, so only took 5
Round 6 - assigned 11 but she still has resist all 1 AND 5THP, so took 5
Round 7 - assigned 19 but had 5 THP so should be 14
So Rohna starts round 8 with 46/76 hp instead of 25/76 and is not bloodied by the real count, unless I'm missing something? I've added my HP total and Resist to her name line at the top of my posts to help you remember in future rounds ;)[/sblock]
The Depths Platforms Round 8
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 8
46/76 HP (5THP)
Resist All 1

As the troll is dropped yet again, before she can address it, Rohna takes a hand off Kordestad and raises fingers to her glossy lips to emit a haunting whistle that passes through stone, steel and bone alike. Olaf vanishes from his retreat in a shimmer of light to appear next to his goliath. The rageblood fighter deftly slides into her saddle and out of the reach of the gnoll next to her. She slaps her free hand back onto the massive black mordenkrad and spurs the snorting black dire boar into a charge against the archer that keeps feathering her with oversized arrows, leaving only the mount's heavily fortified rump exposed to opportunity attacks from the gnoll she leaves in her wake.

Even as her heavy weapon arcs down true, crunching the bones of the archer again, the sickly sweet red mist of life once more springs from the gnoll, to protect it's enemy. The steel-shod swine drives one of his sword-length tusks strait though the foe as well, spurred on by his rider's successful attack.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: Finish Ritual of Summoning to bring Olaf to X13/Y14.
Move: Practiced Rider to mount as minor action.
Standard: Charge to AB13/AC14 vs GF2 1d20+15=25, 2d6.minroll(2)+1d8+7=14 and Marking it UENT and gaining 5THP.
Action Point: ...
Gore:
vs GF2 1d20+11=29, 2d10+4=19[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26 with Shield), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17 with Shield), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 46/76 (5THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 6/13;
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 74/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Squares adjacent to Rohna cost +1 movement for enemies to enter.Rohna has a power bonus of +2 to hit and +4 to dmg vs the Troll Until the end of the encounter.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

GF2 (33) Marked, Grants Rohna 5THP
MBA - AC 25, 14 dmg
Gore - AC 29, 19 dmg
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Do you got that one Alexia?" Chael asks, slamming two more Gnolls with stones, killing one and knocking the other to the ground.

*Stay in front of me Dusk.*

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Regeneration 4 for 33 hit points (Chael still bloody)
Move: Move to D21, Dusk moves to D22.
Standard: Magic Stone on GF1, GG1, and GCF3 in that order.

21, 23, and 15 vs. Reflex. 14 damage.

GF1 and GG1 take 14 damage.

GF1 saves 18

GF1 is prone in his square. I assume that GG1 is dead now.

GCF3 is marked and at -3 to attack anyone other than Chael if Chael is not included in attack.

+2 to defenses to Chael due to Dusk, +1 to Dusk's defenses due to Chael. +2 for partial cover for Chael vs. GF1 and GG1 due to Dusk.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Immediate Actions]
In order:

Not able to do Mind Spike this round.

IR
Mind Spike
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by Chael deals damage to her ally with an attack that doesn’t include her as a target.
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to Chael's ally.

Not able to do Guardian's Counter this round.

II
Guardian's Counter
Close burst 2; Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of Chael is hit by an attack and she is not included in the attack.
Effect: Chael and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. She becomes the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Chael can make a basic attack against the attacker.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points from Alexia 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 0/4
HP 33/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 8/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Currently AC: 30 Fortitude 25 Reflex 21 Will 24 (adjacent to Dusk) +2 partial cover bonus from Dusk for ranged attacks
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used
Dusk:
HP: 16/33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15
Currently AC: 22, Fortitude: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 16 (adjacent to Chael)
Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike
Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall
Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns
Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery
Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter
Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2