Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"If I were you, I would run." Chael says as she slowly advances towards the last gnoll bowman. She kills the gnoll attacking Alexia and slams the bowman hard, knocking it to the ground.

*Let's get closer Dusk.*

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Regeneration 4 for 37 hit points (Chael no longer bloody)
Move: Move to D25, Dusk moves to D26.
Standard: Magic Stone on GF1 and GCF3 in that order.

natural 20 and 15 vs. Reflex. 12 damage.

HA! I finally roll a critical and Chael is no longer bloodied in order to take advantage of it.

Reroll on GCF3 24

GCF3 takes 12 damage.

GF1 11 critical damage, 12 saves from falling

GF1 takes 23 damage and is prone in his square.

GCF3 is marked and at -3 to attack anyone other than Chael if Chael is not included in attack.

+2 to defenses to Chael due to Dusk, +1 to Dusk's defenses due to Chael. +2 for partial cover for Chael vs. GF1 due to Dusk.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Immediate Actions]
In order:

Not able to do Mind Spike this round.

IR
Mind Spike
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by Chael deals damage to her ally with an attack that doesn’t include her as a target.
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to Chael's ally.

Not able to do Guardian's Counter this round.

II
Guardian's Counter
Close burst 2; Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of Chael is hit by an attack and she is not included in the attack.
Effect: Chael and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. She becomes the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Chael can make a basic attack against the attacker.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points from Alexia 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 0/4
HP 37/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 8/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Currently AC: 30 Fortitude 25 Reflex 21 Will 24 (adjacent to Dusk) +2 partial cover bonus from Dusk for ranged attacks
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used
Dusk:
HP: 16/33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15
Currently AC: 22, Fortitude: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 16 (adjacent to Chael)
Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike
Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall
Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns
Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery
Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter
Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Well, we are getting close to finishing this adventure. I'll be wrapping up the combat portion very soon.

How I wrap up the conclusion of the battle, and what's under the blue wrapping, depends on the consensus opinion on my next question: 'What is the interest level in pursuing another adventure?' I wouldn't be starting it right away, as I've discovered that two adventures at once kills my motivation to post and slows down the adventures. Sorry to everyone who has suffered through my moment of self-realization :).

Also, I would appreciate a quick message letting me know what parcel (s) of treasure your character has available, and item preferences if not on your character sheet.

As always, I would welcome any criticism or feedback on the adventure and DM technique. After all, we only stop learning when we're dead.

Velmont

First Post
Malehan strikes again the Troll, killing it again and again...

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard: Bond of Pursuit vs AC on Troll (2d20.takeHighest(1)+15=34, 2d4+11=17) Hit for 17 damages.

Minor: Sustain Soul Seeker.

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 37/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC 26(28); Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 0

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[X]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[X]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Divine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[X]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[X]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[X]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[X]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I would be interesetd to continue adventuring.

Malehan have Parcel+3, +4 and Gold left. You can find his wishlist under the equipment section of the character sheet. As usual, if you want to give something else, I am open to it too. The items I had most fun with was items I didn't wish to get...

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@fourmonos]I would likewise be interested in another adventure, though hopefully we would get an extended rest and a chance to level up. My wishlist is also on my sheet, presuming I get the 2000xp Rohna needs to hit lvl 9, then her request to House Vadalis, (which she bares the dragonmark of handling for), for her griffon mount could be pushed through by the ambassadors by way of compensation? Just a thought on a way that she could attain her black griffon. :cool: Since House Vadalis raises griffons, its the easiest way to get one. I think I'm the only character in living eberron that has gone the mount route.)[/sblock]I was wondering how the troll is getting up every round after being dropped below 0. Even with regen 10 he should still lose a round like we do when we drop under 0 even when immediately healed.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The priests pauses in his unwrapping, eyeing the warriors still busy with the troll.
"Doesn't anyone have simple fire flask? I have some flammable oil in my adventure packs, use it on the troll!"

OOC: Venakhad unwrapped the wrapping in the last post.

I would be interested in continuing.

My free parcels are gold, n+1 and n+4

I would like rebuking chain mail, saving throw boosters (for me or the party), resist items, some kind of shared healing (when I heal others to receive the same) - I remember that such item exists, but not what type or level it is :(. Feel free to give me anything you think appropriate, I'll find the use for it :) My holy symbol could use the boost (and will get it if I get enough gold)

My free item slots:
Rings
Waist - diamond cincture would be nice, but I don't have free +2 parcel
Feet - Feystep lacings? Steadfast boots
Tattoo
Boon
Arms - Bracers of escape maybe?

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Sounds good, three so far. Being involved thus far does not oblige you to continue. Doing xp calculations.

Troll Healing: If reduced to 0 hit points by an attack that does not deal acid or fire damage, the troll rises on his next turn (as a move action) with 10 hit points.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases