Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: I too would be interested in a follow-up adventure. I'll post what parcels I need later today, as I think my sheet is out of date and I'm about to go to work.

Alexia staggers after Chael. She attempts to hex the gnoll but she is distracted by her wounds.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to D22.
Standard: Cutting Words vs GF1. Natural 1.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 24/65 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 9/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

bloodied

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
The Depths Platforms Round 10
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 8
61/76 HP (10THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna wheels the massive dire boar around toward the fallen troll as she slings her blackened mordenkrad once more and draws the lighter warhammer and her shield. The hammer blazes into a shining nimbus outline of itself as Olaf rears back and charges into the head of the downed troll. The blazing hammer sinks solidly through the breastbone of the monstrous mage setting his bloody green body alight. Just for good measure, Olaf sink a tusk into the temple of the burning corpse and tears its head clean off, and sending it sailing off the platform into the waiting muck below. The fighter looks around at the last gnoll with a wicked grin as she yanks the fiery hammer free of the enemy leader's body. "Well now, it looks like you have a choice to make pup."
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak, Ignite Flaming Warhammer
Minor: Draw Flaming Warhammer and Heavy Shield.
Move: Sling Kordestad.
Standard: MBA charge to (Z13/AA14) vs Troll AC 1d20+16=35, 1d10+6=18 fire dmg Marking Troll UENT.
Action Point: ...
Gore:
vs Troll AC 1d20+13=28, 2d10+9=20[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26 with Shield), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17 with Shield), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 61/76 (10THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 5/13;
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Onyx Dog (daily, standard)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 74/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Squares adjacent to Rohna cost +1 movement for enemies to enter.Rohna has a power bonus of +2 to hit and +4 to dmg vs the Troll Until the end of the encounter.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

Troll (38) Marked (pretty sure hes dead now)
MBA - AC 35, 18 fire dmg
Gore - AC 28, 20 dmg
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I was wondering how the troll is getting up every round after being dropped below 0. Even with regen 10 he should still lose a round like we do when we drop under 0 even when immediately healed.

OOC: Even though 4M posted the creature rule, it goes beyond that a bit. The reason PCs lose a round is (abet a house rule for some DMs here) because PCs have the advantage over the NPCs of posting in any order. Without such a rule, a PC would never ever be unconscious (or stunned for those who use the same rule for stunned) for any significant period of time. Just due to the way the forums work, players post in any order they want (as opposed to being limited to an initiative order). Hence, the Leader(s) can always heal an unconscious PC (assuming the leaders have a heal remaining), and that PC can always get back up and attack in the same round right away. The player of the unconscious PC just has to wait to post until his/her PC is healed. NPCs typically do not have this advantage (beside the point that they rarely heal) because NPCs typically do act in the same order every round. Being able to switch around the order of who goes first is a major advantage for the players (e.g. "Ok, I use my mega to hit buff on everyone else" and this is done almost every time BEFORE other players post, hence every PC gets the advantage immediately as opposed to the following round).

This rule also tends to protect the PCs, even though it appears to only hinder them. Without this rule, DMs would actually be encouraged to attack an unconscious PC with every single remaining NPC available because the DM knows that the PC will immediately be healed (and the overall result is as if the PC had never even been unconscious). With the rule, the DM is encouraged to ignore the downed PC and attack other PCs because the DM knows that PC will not be acting the next round. Granted, the DM could still attack the PC with every single remaining NPC, but the incentive to do that or the unconscious PC immediately counterattacks is no longer there.

FourMonos

First Post
With a mighty swing, Rohna's flaming warhammer slams into the troll one final time. The fire ignites the battered skin of the troll, burning its body. The troll screams in agony as the fire moves across its shadowed body. The shadow runes glow brightly before the fire crosses over their borders and burning the runes away. In moments, all that remains in an corpse of ash.

The remaining gnolls snarl in defiance, slowly stepping back from the group. You can tell there will be no surrender.

The beating of the wings gets closer and the group sees a large figure, dropped from the sky onto the platform across from the group. The large blue skinned creature has horns protruding from its head. Clearly as large as an ogre, there is no doubt that the creature before you is an oni. It holds a large sword in its right hand, but the arm is relaxed down at its side. Intelligent eyes peruse the battle scene. It makes a quick slashing movement across its neck with its left hand.

If there was any question to the signals intent, a moment later, gargoyles descend upon the remaining gnolls and pull them, struggling, from the platforms.

The oni takes a step forward, smiles a toothy smile, then bows low before you. He is still smiling as he rises. "Greetings, my friends. You have my gratitude for removing this blight from Sharn. My name is Cavallah. I apologize for my late arrival, but I got here as fast as the gargoyles could carry me."

He chuckles and pats his blue, protuberant abdomen, "They seem to fly slower these days for some reason."

He walks slowly forward, placing his hand on the blue wrapped object. "When we learned that miscreants had come to Sharn, from our homeland none the less, we moved to neutralize them. Those two," he gestures to the sky, "will be questioned."

GM: The battle is over, please feel free to talk with Cavallah. If you want to make any knowledge check rolls, go ahead.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad glances at the demonic creature, his mental voice reaching into it's mind.
"There are plenty of threats to civilized nations on Eberron. We don't need your thanks to do what needs to be done. Still, thank you for your help, bringing that harpy down helped some."

Now that he doesn't have to worry about charging gnolls the priest kneels next to the bundle and starts unwrapping it in earnest.

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron nods at the creature, restraining his urge to attack such a thing. Instead he turns to his rituals of victory - cleaning the blood from his axe with the pinkish stained edges of his robes. The blood on his face is ignored.

OOC:
kal'Tarron is in for a follow up...
If I'm reading my sheet right, I've got n+4, n+2, n+1 and n parcels available... where n=6 right now, hopefully 7 at the end of this adventure...

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Well, I would like to keep up the dialogue with Cavallah to help clear up any points or questions you may have. It will transition to the treasure part of the adventure better. ;)

However, I think I have the xp figured out thus far, so if someone wouldn't mind checking my math, here is what I have for xp.

[sblock=XP Summary]

Obsidium Rules Skill Challenge:

Level 8 Skill Challenge level 8 x7 2450xp 350 xp each

Fight 1:
Rolf the Butcher level 8 elite brute 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Drow Swashbuckler level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 minion x 3 264 xp

Fight 1 Total 2364 xp (x2, /7) 675 xp each

Fight 2:
Red Marjorie level 10 elite 1000 xp
Doppleganger Assassin level 8 lurker x 2 700 xp