Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia bows slightly to the oni, "Thank you for your assistance. If I might ask, who were these kidnappers to warrant such measures from yourself? You've come too long a way to apprehend some simple thugs."

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna is completely unprepared for a bad guy that wants to "talk her to death". This blue ogre is armed, but chatty, so she sits back with an eyebrow cocked and her shield interposed between herself and the newcomer. Her black flaming warhammer quietly crackling in the dingy dark of the sewers. "I thought all ogres were evil, and not customarily into the whole 'saving the kidnapped child' angle? Or wait, you called yourself a Cavallah was it? Is that like an ogre's cousin that can speak more than curses as you hack it to bits? How do we know you're not just the boss of this little caper, swooping in to make sure your minions don't spill the beans now that their failure is complete?" She keeps her eyes moving around the battlefield for the gargoyles that could return at any moment. The rageblood fighter's transparent shell of shining blood-mist turns slowly around her in silence.
OOC: Gotta love stupid fighters, she may have fought everything from kobolds and goblins, to ogres and dragons, but enemies that want to jabber at her is new. Aren't the Oni mages an entirely evil race that simply use deception instead of tree trunks to kill anyone that gets in their way?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Malehan advance toward the blue wraped object in the center of the large platform. "You arrive once the combat is finish, and you take the only survivor away and it seems you want to leave with the package. Sorry Big Blue, but those gnolls are ours, and this package too. There is still a village in danger and the key to find it and save his people are those gnolls, harpies and this package..." Malehan move foward, his weapon in hand and put his hand on the package, staring at the Oni. At the same time, the spirit of his ancestor move toward the Oni too. Malehan doesn't show any agressiveness, he seems more annoyed and unimpress by the Oni arrivals.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk next to the package. Stare at the Oni.

Minor: Sustain Soul Seeker. Move ti near the Oni too.

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 37/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC 26(28); Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 0

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[X]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[X]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Divine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[X]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[X]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[X]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[X]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

FourMonos

First Post
Cavallah blushes slightly at Alexia's bow, "Oh, my Lady, please don't bow for Cavallah. I only wish I could have been here sooner to help," he looks around, "Not that you needed it. And you, the Lady Warrior, you are very astute to be asking such questions. Only my name is Cavallah, not my tribe. What you say is true, I only just arrived, how would one know I am an ally or foe?" He nods appreciatively, "A very keen mind. Rest assured, warrior, I am not your enemy."

Cavallah sticks his large sword between the grates of the platform and shows his empty hands. As Malehan approaches and lays claim to the wrapped package, Cavallah removes his hand.

"Save a village? I know not what you speak, my elven friend. Fret not, I am not here for this package. If it is what you seek, then it is yours. Let me tell you what I know and maybe it can be of help to you? You seem to be wrapped up in something bigger than even me.

"Like many of my kind, I hail from Droaam. I have lived here, in the City of Towers, basically since the end of the Great War. I can't fully disclose my employer, as it would be potentially too incriminating. However, my interests and goals are always loyalty to Droaam and peace between all the nations. As you can imagine, a big blue oni would stick out even in such a place as Sharn, I have many informants and agents throughout the city. These servants and agents help me monitor for important events that may need our involvement.

"Two nights ago, everything went quiet. Normal information we monitor, the comings and goings through the gates and ports, things such as that, all stopped. Nobody returned from their patrols to report. My men just went missing. At first, we thought it was the Boromars moving against us. We scrambled trying to figure out what was going on. Only too late did I hear of the attack on the ambassadors today. Clearly something much more than territory dispute was at play. We found our men in the cogs, eventually, mostly dead and a few petrified.

"Only as we got our men back out and our 'ear' back to the ground did I discover that many Droaamites just infiltrated the city, mostly using changelings to trick and subdue or kill my men. One of my men, when we released him from the medusa's petrification, was able to tell us of this meeting planned for tonight. It was an ambush to kill the Karrnath ambassador. It seems someone has attempted to slay the ambassadors of Khorvaire in an attempt to throw the kingdoms into war."

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna scratches the side of her head with the flaming hammer, being no more phased by the flame than anyone else is by its light. "Wait. So then - if you're a good guy like you claim, you have some type of identification papers with all the proper seals and signatures and the like, right? I mean, some level of the Sharn government has to know who you are I take it? Since your here in the city?" The others can practically see the smoke rising from her ears as the heavy gears of her mind work overtime to make sense of the oni's arrival. Olaf absently paws and snuffles the ground since hes not being directed at the moment, and catches the scent of one the dead gnolls nearby. He slowly moves over to the corpse, and nonchalantly bites off an arm, crunching merrily away.
OOC: Come on guys, Rohna isn't really the one you want playing the diplomatic role. Shes getting frustrated already, and that leads invariably to mindless blinding violence.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia shakes her head at Rohna, "Oh, what does it matter? Good spies have papers anyway. The important thing is that the kidnappers were stopped, and now we can ask them about their superiors." She looks up at Cavallah, "In fact, the sooner we could get started with that the better." Her eyes dart over to Venakhad, still unwrapping the package, "How's that going?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I have no idea, I'm waiting for higher powers to enlighten me how to open these knots without harming whatever's inside." [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], hint, hint (send me PM?)...I'll change the text when I get something out of our DM

KarinsDad

Adventurer
GM: Well, I would like to keep up the dialogue with Cavallah to help clear up any points or questions you may have. It will transition to the treasure part of the adventure better. ;)

However, I think I have the xp figured out thus far, so if someone wouldn't mind checking my math, here is what I have for xp.

[sblock=XP Summary]

Obsidium Rules Skill Challenge:

Level 8 Skill Challenge level 8 x7 2450xp 350 xp each

Fight 1:
Rolf the Butcher level 8 elite brute 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Drow Swashbuckler level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Cultist Thug level 8 minion x 3 264 xp

Fight 1 Total 2364 xp (x2, /7) 675 xp each

Fight 2:
Red Marjorie level 10 elite 1000 xp
Doppleganger Assassin level 8 lurker x 2 700 xp
Veteran Assassin level 8 skirm x 2 700 xp
Death Squad Assassin level 8 lurker x2 700 xp
Razorclaw Stalker level 7 skirm x2 600 xp

Fight 2 Total 3700 xp (x2, /7) 1057 xp each

Fight 3:
Shadow Troll level 10 elite 1000 xp
Troll Shade level 11 minion x 4 600 xp
Gnoll Gorger level 7 brute x 2 600 xp
Gnoll Claw Fighter level 8 skirm x 5 1750 xp
Gnoll Far Fang level 8 art x 2 700 xp
Harpy level 6 contr x 2 500 xp

Fight 3 Total 5150 xp (x2, /7) 1471 xp each

Adventure Total XP per character: 3553 xp

Total RP: 7 RP’s each
[/sblock]

OOC: Gone for the holidays. Back now.

Wasn't there 3 Harpies in the last fight? :erm:

"Like many of my kind, I hail from Droaam. I have lived here, in the City of Towers, basically since the end of the Great War. I can't fully disclose my employer, as it would be potentially too incriminating.
"I like words like 'incriminating'." Chael says looking up at the Oni innocently. "They are so, ..., incriminating."

Dusk growls.

FourMonos

First Post
Cavallah smiles broadly, "My dear Lady Warrior, I am distinctly not a good guy. I am a business man. My interest here is keeping my business healthy and preventing anything from impacting or hurting my superiors. These instigators wish to start a war, which is not in our best interest.

"Also," he smiles benignly at Chael, "I am not officially here. Nor do I have any papers or such... and will you hurry up with that damn wrapping!" He finishes, yelling.

Just then, Venakhad finally gets the last not holding the blanket in place. With a flourish, the Kalashtar pulls the blanket free revealing....

...a statue of a goblin holding its hands up, as if trying not to look at something.

"Drat,"
curses Cavallah, "That is Kimshank. He's a low level informer working the east gate. Missing two days."

The large blue oni taps his finger on his beefy chin a moment before saying, "I want this to come to a fruitful end for all. This will not make the Karrnath ambassador happy. I need to speak with my people to find out what became of the missing child. I know people who know your friends. They will be in touch. Unless you have any other questions for me?"

If no one objects, he whistles sharply and two gargoyles carrying a metal pole between them fly down. Cavallah grabs the bar and the gargoyles flap their wings strongly pulling him up into the air and into the quickly darkening night air. You're pretty sure you see the bar bending under the oni's weight.

GM: I'll pause real quick here to see if anyone wants anything out of Cavallah before moving on

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases