Assault on Dire Wood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Ha?" Yann scratched at his sideburns, puzzled: Orcs are wise now? When did THAT happen? "I was thinking we'd just knock one out - boom, right behind the head - and drag him back to some quiet place for a chit-chat?"

Binder Fred

"Ah..." reproached the big-boned warrior... "How about Shadow Lass guides the Careful Mage up front and we follow a little behind, ready to pounce when - I mean - if things go horribly, horribly wrong?"

His grin had gotten wider on that last bit, and more than a bit teasing too: Big Yann's blood was obviously starting to pump in anticipation of their little outing!

[sblock=Suggesting:]1. Scout a likely spot for the kidnap (latrine?)
2. Rikka and Kesem sneak up and lie in ambush until a target comes up, with the rest of us close by (1 round of running away?)
3. Ambush
4. Drag the guy (or gall) back for questionning.

Thoughts?[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"ANYONE ELSE?," Rikka wrote across her slate. A few moments later, the shadows that seemed to cluster around her spread out, encompassing those who were closest. She paused for just a moment and looked around at the others. "BE READY. IF WE ALERT THEM, THEY WILL ALL BE COMING THIS WAY."

[sblock= OOC] 1. If she can expand the current casting of Pass Without Trace to include Kesem and anyone else who wants in, she will do so. If not, she will use her last 2 Ki points and recast it to include those who want in.

2. If it seems feasible to approach the lone ogre sentry, then do that. If not, then lay an ambush at the edge of the camp (latrines?) and attempt to grab a straggler.

3. Perception 1d20+9= 22 , Stealth 1d20+20= 37; rolls http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=113992

[/sblock]

3SpdDragster

First Post
Rikka waits for nearly two hours with Kesem until the opportunity presents itself. Frustratingly most of the orcs and ogres seemed to head off in pairs or more whenever they moved about but in this case a lone figure moves over to the latrines, undoing the ties to it's pants as it does.

The others lay hidden in dead ground near the latrines, a good sixty feet from Rikka and the mage.

OOC: What now?

We need to get closer (30 ft').
Kesem says and moves as quiet as he can 30 ft' from the figure (Stealth: 1d20+13 27)

Once there he whispers loud enough for the figure to hear him.
"Hey, you!, yes, you!, Is these gold coin pouch yours ? I found it on the ground and you are probably the owner, there are more over there. By the way, I'm a friend ... "

Kesem says as he holds a pouch with several coins, his coins. He looks at the figure with his marvelous, sparkle decorative, bound with deer leather frame googles. [Eyes of charming - Cast charm person DC:13]

OOC: - surprise round - cast charm person from the eyes of charming. If I will win initiative but the charm will fail, I will cast suggestion on the humanoid or will use my hypnotic gaze.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Meanwhile, crouching in what had once been a cluster of tiny maples: "Three coppers it's an ogre," whispered Large Yann with a grin.

Last edited:

Remove ads