Atlanta FLGS?

basaipete

Explorer
I am visiting Atlanta, GA for the week and was looking for any suggestions on good/cool/interesting FLGS. I am staying just off of exit 260 on I-75 but I have time to kill so I dont mind driving a bit. If suggestions could include an address (for mapquest) or phone number that would be great but I can probably track it down with just a name.

Pete

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Back in 1987, I used to game weekly at Titan Games and Comics III, in Smyrna.

I have NO CLUE if it is still owned by the same people, and what is there...

Titan III
2585-C Spring Road
Smyrna, GA 30080
770-433-8226

tec-9-7

First Post
This is all you need to know about Atlanta FLGSs...

Oxford Comics & Games
2855 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305-2767
(404) 233-8682

Nuff said.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
There is also "Dr. No's"
(thank goodness for search programs hehe)
Directions -
Coming from the south (from Atlanta, for instance): Take Exit 267-A (a one-way only exit, putting you heading north); proceed north on Canton Road for approximately 4.5 miles, and you'll see Blackwell Square (the shopping center in which we're located) on your right. We're at the north end of the shopping center.

http://www.drnos.com/index.html

This one and Sword & Pheonix were my favorite two stores when I lived in the Atlanta area.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I always went to Dr. No's a lot. It was the closest one.
A note on getting there it's in the Strip Mall shopping center with the big thrift store just before an elementary school. All on the right hand side of North-bound GA-5.

Titan is still in Smyrna at least as soon as June of last year. Primarily a comic shop though.

Went to Warroom sparingly, only twice really. Just too far to drive with the above two less than 10 minutes from my house.

The others down in Atlanta/Stone Mountain I never went too as I never knew they were there. This was before finding EnWorld in the past year.

basaipete

Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. I made it to Dr. No and Sword & Phoenix yesterday. Nice shops, good selection of new and used material. Didnt end up getting anything but saw some stuff that is now on my wishlist for GenCon next month. I plan to check out the Warroom the next time I am in town.

Pete

GMSkarka

Explorer
I lived in Atlanta from 88-90, and I used to work at the Titan Games & Comics across from Gwinnett Place mall (IV, I think). Even then, though, I'd still go to Sword of the Phoenix, because it just kicked ass (and they carried stuff that we didn't).

Remove ads