• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Atlanta, GA: Experienced role-players wanted

Meridian

First Post
Which statement below best reflects your gaming style?

1. "Yeah, last night's session was so rad! We got some awesome magic items after killing the pyrohydra, and our characters all finally hit the next level with the xp from that adventure so I went ahead and started my prestige class. The rules for it totally kick @$$. I'm also going to take a look at that new class sourcebook, and see if I can't convince my DM to let me take some of the new feats in there. I also got to see a preview of the material for the updated system...It's definitely better than the original, the class skills actually make sense for the majority of the adventuring professions. Less over-powered, and combat is easier. You don't have to worry about someone abusing the rules, and it comes with a really good campaign setting. I can't wait for the undead supplement."

2. "Man, you missed a great game last night. You should have been there. Keith totally surprised us when the party met with the king. You know Keith, right? He's the one playing the Irish-type barbarian out of the coastal islands, Culloch MacCulain. Anyways, the party was kind of worried that Culloch was going to start some trouble, given that his whole tribe got slaughtered during the Seven-Day War because Knight-Marshal Wain used them in the sacrifice play at Tornasen. When Lydia--that's Lisa's character--asked for the audience, she did it knowing that the King couldn't refuse to see us since tradition for Winter Festival is that no one is turned away. However, we didn't take into account that the whole court was going to be present at the meeting, including Wain! Things might have gotten ugly, because Wain immediately placed himself beside the king, ostensibly to protect him, and said, "MacCulain, you've made it no secret that there is bad blood between you and the Crown." Culloch replied, "The blood you're speaking of, my lord, is the blood of the warriors of my clan that died in the Crown's name that black day. Last I looked, you were the Crown's right hand, neither the mouth of the Crown, nor the Crown itself. For the price my clan paid in defense of the Throne, I would speak directly with the King." Took us all by surprise; Culloch is usually one for duels, not speeches. The drama was excellent. And then..."

If the second example fits your gaming style, reflecting a personal emphasis on role-playing over rule systems, send me an e-mail: serge@mindspring.com. I'm looking for mature, experienced, and well-socialized gamers that enjoy exploring the meaning of freeform role-play, armchair story participants and method actors alike. The genre I'm most interested in play is either horror or superheroes. The bullk of my experience is in running White Wolf (any), but would like to give Mutants and Masterminds or Oriental Adventures a try at an ongoing campaign.

Thanks for your time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads