• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage - Full, but calling everyone!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm, I edited your conversation with the barkeep to reflect the formal introduction. Sorry I was slow to pick up on that.

As a point of information (and everyone knows this): Sirra, Sirran, and Sirrat are polite forms of address, used when you're uncertain of someone's rank and wish to show respect, or simply wish to show respect to someone in general, if you can claim no friendship or other familiar relationship. ("Sir" is a knight's title, and isn't generally used, though ma'am may also be used in place of Sirra, though Sirra implies a higher rank or level of respect.)

Sirra is used when addressing females, Sirran with addressing males, and Sirrat used either when addressing the genderless mojh, or addressing someone of unknown but very high station (or when addressing someone of which you do not know the gender). Some people only use Sirrat, and it's not considered an insult if they don't use the gender-appropriate address.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, I'm going to do a minor update tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for everyone to post on the IC threa. I haven't managed to scare off all of my players in two days, have I? ;)

(Yes, yes, it's Labor Day weekend I know, everyone's still probably recovering from picnics.)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ray Silver said:
Ok, I'm going to do a minor update tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for everyone to post on the IC threa. I haven't managed to scare off all of my players in two days, have I? ;)

(Yes, yes, it's Labor Day weekend I know, everyone's still probably recovering from picnics.)

I posted - sorry for the delay - family weekend and all. Overall, I typically post regularly on the weekdays (1 or 2 a day) and somewhat sparcely on the weekends.

Keia

ES2

First Post
It was labor day? :confused: That would explain why Bi-Mart was closed across the street. :D

That does explain why people were delayed in posting. DUH!!! :D

By the way, in my posts, anything in orange are thoughts my character is thinking and in no way can people replay to them as if I said them.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
ES2 said:
Scinathar glances at the guides Mochor walked up to...Thinking to himself, these sebecai must be desperate to work for coppers and play guide in this town.

He nods in agreement, "Fair price I say," Scinathar says in reply after the sebeccai is done with his energetic introduction. Thinking some more, fair enough for these to lead me to an inn; guess they can't do much else.
It is a really good thing no one can hear what Scinathar is thinking, 'cause the sibaccai do have some pride, and wouldn't be afriad of reminding you of it... by carving it into your skin! ;) You're really playing up the arrogant bastard mojh thing ES2, I was snickering at that quote. :D

Keia said:
"As to the what, I think it's magic, and I hope it's magic, so it's probably magic. As to the who, it is an elderly-like verrik, who was very over-weight . . . I wonder if he was like that before he had to start walking with a cane. You know, I asked him that very thing, and mentioned that perhaps if he prayed on in a while to Crodirecia, god of those bent from wear and walking with a cane, he would feel much better. Then, I said . . . um . . . oh, yea . . . he was at the Eloquent Minotaur inn, which would have been better named for the eloquent minotaur herself, but maybe they don't know her name . . . now the only thing to do is gather Galen and a few others and set out onto the peaks. Oh, and speak with Javdak and get him to agree to have us set out. Are you going to eat that . . . cause if you're not then I'll have it and that will save on food going to waste. Well, I'll just get some of my own," Connor finished.
That made me laugh Keia. Yay for hyperactive absent-minded characters. :D

Not that everyone else isn't doing a good job so far, but those two quotes just amused me. :)

Last edited:

ES2

First Post
I might be arrogant in my thoughts but I'm not stupid. :D

Since we just arrived, by walking through the town towards the inn would we happen to hear random rumors by overhearing others talking about things. I'm just curious as to what Scinathar might overhear.

WizWrm

First Post
Sweet, post number 100 for me.

Ray, there's a thread going on on the WotC Planescape boards about balancing and expanding the options of the 3e genasi; someone who is not affiliated with the PS3e project suggested (at the very bottom of the thread here) using your Living Spell PrC in 3e PS, and mentioned contacting you. Just a heads up.

Also - weird speech patterns and Sanje's extreme seriousness. Thumbs up, thumbs down? Trying to show the 'unnatural air' of the verrik, but that's hard to do without body language, so I compromised by talking oddly.

Am I falling victim to the ol' "uber-ninja/Drizzt-no-personality-and-evil-cuz-it's-cool-death-machine" syndrome?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads