• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
To Gideon: "I don't think the spirit would be angry. Shaddeck is a member of her--make that our--Brotherhood and he himself said we could find it here if we passed the test."

After finding it, Pyior shows the sealed parchment to the others.

"I think this must be it. I feel a ring inside. Should we open it to be sure or is it better to leave it sealed? Also, don't you find it interesting that it's addressed to Iriana?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think it would be best to open it to make sure that we are walking away with the correct ring, though as you say her name is rather interesting. Shaddeck had said that he expected Iriana would send someone instead of showing up herself. I would imagine that this is meant to make his point felt all the more when we turn the ring in." replies Ys-Korros.

Gideon

First Post
"So, are we opening it or not?

Ritsar padded over and asked. He obviously didn't want a long discussion on the decryption of Shaddeck's motives for writing a name.

Rybaer

First Post
Exiting the place turns out to be much easier than coming in. The only way out is back through the black portal, which deposits everyone back at the entrance portal. The apes again express their displeasure at the group's presence in the shaft, but do not attack.

Outside Kisthmetch, the strange bird-like creature is nowhere to be seen. The group travels as far as possible before sundown. Unlike the previous night, no hungry creatures disturb their camp.

Early the following evening, the group arrives at the Sharden Enclave where they had first spoken with Shaddeck. There are several folks moving around the compound, mostly engaged in simple tasks. In many cases, it's difficult to discern between who might be a student or part of the staff. The smell of dinner roasting is a welcome greeting.

A young woman, presumably a student by virtue of her age and the magister's staff she carries, greets them. She asks them to wait while she fetches Shaddeck.

Shaddeck emerges from the largest building on the property, walking quickly to greet the group. Everyone immediately notices the ephemeral black mark on his forehead. "I'm glad to see that you've all returned safely," he says. "The journey to Kisthmetch is always a perilous one. And I'm also pleased to see that you've successfully faced the trials of that place. Welcome to the Brotherhood."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you. We must continue on with our mission with all due haste. We would appreciate it if we could stay with the Enclave tonight before setting out for the Ebonring Keep on the morrow." replies Ys-Korros, hoping not to get drawn into a debate on their employer's morals again.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior bows to Shaddek, adding, "Thank you, brother. At first I was mystified to see that you had addressed the envelope to Iriana, despite your warnings to think through the situation carefully before we returned the ring to her. But as we traveled back I came to realize you had placed the envelope within the heart of darkness prior to knowing it would not be Iriana who retrieved it.

I was also wondering, do you have any thoughts, brother to brother, on how we could go about finding out if Iriana's motiavations are truly noble or not?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros stands quietly beside his friend. He had hoped that they would discuss these matters in private later, still not trusting this Shaddek despite the mark they now shared. Irregardless of his personal desires, Ys-Korros supported his friend's decision and waited patiently to hear what Shaddek would reply.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar stands quietly to the side waiting to hear the Verrik's answers. This woman who wants the ring could be a major threat. A whole tribe of Charon's on his conscious is just a bit much for the recently chastized Litorian.

OOC: Trying to detect if he is lying, badly.

Remove ads