D&D General Auction House Map?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'm planning an Eberron adventure wherein the PCs will participate in a heist to steal a magic item from an auction house. The problem, though, is that I'm having a difficult time finding a map/floor plan of such a venue (whether real or fantastical) that's heist-worthy.

Please help me find something. Any help in locating such a map would be greatly appreciated.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I did an image search on "auction house" plan -"real estate" (with the quotes included in the search term) and got a handful of hits, including a modern Sotheby's renovation and at least one fantasy auction house map. If nothing else, those might help you get an idea what sorts of rooms and security layouts might be found in an auction house, so you can devise your own plan.
(Some of the hits are irrelevant, though, for home designs or apartments called "The Auctionhouse" or the like, so you'll need to sort through those.)

Here's the Sotheby's renovation plan, but it doesn't say what all the different rooms are:
And here's the fantasy auction house:

aco175

Legend
How large do you need this to be? Is it one encounter for only part of a game night, or the major part of a night or multiple nights.

I would like to have something with a guard room and several posts where they stand. An underground access with holding cages for exotic animals and maybe some sort of elevator to the main floor with ropes that can be cut for action. Maybe an underground river for special guests to arrive from without mixing with the other people.

Stormonu

Legend
"Lot 665, then - a paper-mache musical box in the shape of a barrel organ with a figure of a monkey attached, shown playing here..."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
This building could easily be adapted - there is a large atrium that could be the auction floor:

and if you need the basement:

In general, Dyson's website is a great resource for maps.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
How large do you need this to be? Is it one encounter for only part of a game night, or the major part of a night or multiple nights.
It will probably be a 2-3 nighter knowing my players. ;)

I would like to have something with a guard room and several posts where they stand. An underground access with holding cages for exotic animals and maybe some sort of elevator to the main floor with ropes that can be cut for action. Maybe an underground river for special guests to arrive from without mixing with the other people.
Good stuff.

Remove ads