August 2006 Releases

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Tome of Battle : The Book of Nine Swords (D&D Supplement)
Hardcover: 160 pages
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast (August 8, 2006)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786939222/

Swords of Eveningstar : The Knights of Myth Drannor, Book I (The Knights of Myth Drannor)
Hardcover: 352 pages
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786940220/

Dragons of Faerun (Forgotten Realms Supplement)
Hardcover: 160 pages
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786939230/

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I imagine that Dragons of Faerun is as straightforward as its title. I'd expect a lot of information on the Cult of the Dragon, as well as a tie-in with Races of the Dragon.

My interpretation of the title of Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords has to do with the fact that there are nine swords and nine alignments. If the nine swords are literal artifacts, perhaps it's a hardcover supplement-cum-module, or "event book" you can drop into your campaign a la Malhavoc Press' When The Sky Falls and other such products.

Either that, or it could possibly be a supplement covering conflict between various alignments. There are possible tie-ins with the miniatures skirmish game, of course, though I believe it only uses the four "corner" factions. Such a supplement could cover the role churches, outsiders, and champions of each alignment play in the "big picture" of the setting; certainly, for being such a defining element of the game, alignment hasn't been comprehensively dealt with before.

Obviously the Book of Vile Darkness and the Book of Exalted Deeds are out there, but perhaps this product is a solution to the problem of it being pretty damn uneconomical to cover Law, Chaos, and Neutrality to the same extent? Deal with conflict between all the alignments in one book, cover all the bases.

johnnype

First Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this one but it's up on amazon as well:

Monster Manual IV (Hardcover)
Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrol
$34.95
224 pages
Due July 11th, 2006

qstor

Adventurer
mhacdebhandia said:
I imagine that Dragons of Faerun is as straightforward as its title. I'd expect a lot of information on the Cult of the Dragon, as well as a tie-in with Races of the Dragon

My gut feeling is that a lot of the material will be from Ed Greenwood's Wyrm's of the North articles. They were updated by Sean K. Reynolds on the WOTC webpage.

Mike

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
mhacdebhandia said:
Obviously the Book of Vile Darkness and the Book of Exalted Deeds are out there, but perhaps this product is a solution to the problem of it being pretty damn uneconomical to cover Law, Chaos, and Neutrality to the same extent? Deal with conflict between all the alignments in one book, cover all the bases.
If that's what the first book is, I'm interested. If not, I'm not interested in any of the titles.

JoeGKushner

First Post
qstor said:
My gut feeling is that a lot of the material will be from Ed Greenword's Wyrm's of the North articles. They were updated by Sean K. Reynolds on the WOTC webpage.

Mike

I could dig that. I got a lot of use out of Old White Death, the Flying Flame, the dragon that did all the intelligent swords and all sorts of other beasties from the series.

Be especially cool if it uses some of the material from the Dragonomicon, Book of Vile Darkness, and Lords of Ruin. Get some real damaging power in the hands of the dragons.

Remove ads