D&D (2024) Auto-succeed/fail on ability checks

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
EDIT: And yes, i know i am harping on this one point, and no,I have no idea why. It's not like it affects my game in any way. So, you know, carry on.

Maybe because the rest of us are all watching you, cynically judging your ability to win the internet, ready to pounce with mockery and derision the moment you show any sign of weakness?

Just a theory.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Maybe because the rest of us are all watching you, cynically judging your ability to win the internet,
Too late. The internet has already been won by someone in a small village not far* from Reading in the UK.

The rest of us are just fighting for second, now.

* - 'not far' here means within a planet or two...

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
This is why to me, the rule only works if the descriptions of different styles of "calling for rolls" and a set of example DCs and gates for common uses of each skill and tool are in the PHB and DMG.

Otherwise the "well you can only supposed to X when you Y" will get missed and people will run into issues.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This is why to me, the rule only works if the descriptions of different styles of "calling for rolls" and a set of example DCs and gates for common uses of each skill and tool are in the PHB and DMG.

Otherwise the "well you can only supposed to X when you Y" will get missed and people will run into issues.
I did put that in my survey feedback, yup. Loose guidelines are great, but letting DMs know that saying "No" is fine more clearly would be helpful.

Remove ads