Spelljammer Autognomes! Spelljammers constructs.

Yeah, I can see that. "Portal to another world" is also a way I could pull it off, too. The plasmoids could make an interesting monster in a standard D&D setting...perhaps they're at war with a colony of myconids for control of a cave system? I'm curious to see what people do with all of this new material, and the new/different direction it is taking the hobby. I'm digging the explosion of creativity in the hobby lately.

But I think I'll pass on Spelljammer. I've already got all the factions I need, and I've already got workable rules for ships and firearms. Spaceships and robots aren't really the vibe I'm looking for in my "Atlantis-meets-Renaissance Italy" campaign setting I'm working on.
I think the Astral Elves fit that with some of their very baroque art. Put them in as one of your dark empires or something doing weird naughty word.
1658781171922.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm struggling to figure out how to incorporate any of this into my upcoming campaign.

...which is probably a sign that I shouldn't try to incorporate SJ stuff into my upcoming campaign.
Well, the Autognome feels like a good basis for a one-off magical experiment, moreover than warforged who bear a lot of narrative baggage.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah, I can see that. "Portal to another world" is also a way I could pull it off, too. The plasmoids could make an interesting monster in a standard D&D setting...perhaps they're at war with a colony of myconids for control of a cave system? I'm curious to see what people do with all of this new material, and the new/different direction it is taking the hobby. I'm digging the explosion of creativity in the hobby lately.

But I think I'll pass on Spelljammer. I've already got all the factions I need, and I've already got workable rules for ships and firearms. Spaceships and robots aren't really the vibe I'm looking for in my "Atlantis-meets-Renaissance Italy" campaign setting I'm working on.
I love robots too much to turn down any 5e rules that feature them. It is my weakness.

Remove ads