• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AV2 "Champions Symbol" Question

Istar

First Post
Okay so this is a Symbol for those of us with a religeous bent, but I note this description in regard to "Criticals" is different to most magical symbol descriptions.

Now I ask this because my vengeful rogue will soon develop a religeous bent when he reaches 15 Wisdom and will M/C Avenger.

This lets him use avenger implements ie. Symbol.

Now Symbols pretty much useless to a Rogue but one property "Symbol of Victory" gives him as AP per day which pretty cool.

All other symbols appear to be no good for a rogue as all the critical descriptions say something like "when using the symbol as an implement when using a divine power etc etc....".

BUT:

This new symbol called "Champions Sumbol" in AV simply says:

"Critical: you weaken the target until end of your next turn ....." or something like that.

Which I read as my Daggermaster rogue when scoring a critical with his dagger, will weaken the target for a turn...

Am I pretty much correct here, or have I missed something, or was there an error in AV2 or is this just cheese upon cheese ???

I mean going half elf brutal daggermaster rogue with twin strike and m/c Avenger for 4 chances to crit in mellee on your oathed target could be considered cheeeeesy enough without adding that smelly spageti cheese of which that name escapes me in the form of symbol abuse.

MrBeens

First Post
Okay so this is a Symbol for those of us with a religeous bent, but I note this description in regard to "Criticals" is different to most magical symbol descriptions.

Now I ask this because my vengeful rogue will soon develop a religeous bent when he reaches 15 Wisdom and will M/C Avenger.

This lets him use avenger implements ie. Symbol.

Now Symbols pretty much useless to a Rogue but one property "Symbol of Victory" gives him as AP per day which pretty cool.

All other symbols appear to be no good for a rogue as all the critical descriptions say something like "when using the symbol as an implement when using a divine power etc etc....".

BUT:

This new symbol called "Champions Sumbol" in AV simply says:

"Critical: you weaken the target until end of your next turn ....." or something like that.

Which I read as my Daggermaster rogue when scoring a critical with his dagger, will weaken the target for a turn...

Am I pretty much correct here, or have I missed something, or was there an error in AV2 or is this just cheese upon cheese ???

I mean going half elf brutal daggermaster rogue with twin strike and m/c Avenger for 4 chances to crit in mellee on your oathed target could be considered cheeeeesy enough without adding that smelly spageti cheese of which that name escapes me in the form of symbol abuse.

You only get the critical effect from an implement or weapon when you use that item to deliver the attack.
If it was independent of weilding it would be a property.

Alaric_Argent

First Post
I agree with MrBreens; anything following the "Critical:" entry happens when you attack with that weapon/implement and make a critical hit with it. Ergo, it isn't really parmesan.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads