Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter is live!

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today.

Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so.

Update -- after less than two days, it has made over $2.3M, already making it the biggest TTRPG Kickstarter ever (with nearly a month yet to go!)

9981ccd83ca099727cc5c12299cc7d7a_original.jpg

Avatar Legends: The RPG is a heroic fantasy game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra in which you and your friends take on the role of young heroes from across the Four Nations who have joined together to make the world a better place. It’s a game for people of all ages who want to look at the world beyond the scope of the existing stories and explore the meaningful actions heroes take for the good of others.

Last edited by a moderator:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Now what about backers? As of now it's at 18,213. Which puts it in the #3 spot. Behind Colville's two Kickstarters with 19,033 for Kingdoms & Warfare and 28,918 for Strongholds & Followers. It shouldn't take long to beat the first one. At the rate it's been going, it might not take too long to beat the second. Best of luck you mad ladies and lads.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
It helps that the studio has a solid pedigree, as well. Bluebeard's Bride is pretty popular, and Masks might be the best designed PbtA hack I've ever played.
That still doesn't explain a lot. I mean, Magpie is good, but it certainly isn't Fria Ligan, in terms of RPG design recognition.

Some KS get unexplainable, awesome magic behind them and this is the best example ever in the RPG category.

Imaro

Legend
Honestly I think Avatar is just that popular with both older and younger people... and honestly the setting info would be great even if you're not a fan of PbtA... I wouldn't be surprised if this is getting grabbed up by gamers and collectors alike. I doubt I'll run it using PbtA (or whether I'll run it at all) but I definitely kickstarted as it's a media property me, my son and my nephews/nieces watched together and it holds a ton of sentimental value/nostalgia for us.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases