Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter is live!

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today.

Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so.

Update -- after less than two days, it has made over $2.3M, already making it the biggest TTRPG Kickstarter ever (with nearly a month yet to go!)

9981ccd83ca099727cc5c12299cc7d7a_original.jpg

Avatar Legends: The RPG is a heroic fantasy game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra in which you and your friends take on the role of young heroes from across the Four Nations who have joined together to make the world a better place. It’s a game for people of all ages who want to look at the world beyond the scope of the existing stories and explore the meaningful actions heroes take for the good of others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feepdake

Explorer
Boardgaming is a much, much bigger industry than TTRPGs.
Yes, as evident from ICv2 figures. Which is why it's so surprising that Avatar Legends made it so high up the list. It's either going to remain a once-in-a-lifetime outlier, or it could mark a turning point for ttrpgs.

Feepdake

Explorer
It's currently the 17th most funded poduct and the 6th most funded tabletop game. The top 5 tabletop games are:

5. 7th Continent: What Goes Up, Must Come Down $7,072,757
4. The Witcher: Old World €6,840,648
3. Exploding Kittens $8,782,571
2. Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 $12,393,139
1. Frosthaven $12,969,608

Looks like becoming #5 is most likely, and #3 is within reach.
I just realized it's also the third most funded tabletop game that isn't a sequel.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I understood the question. My answer was that it was an outlier. :)
My confusion was that your answer doesn't match the tense of the question. What you are saying is that, in retrospect, this game will remain an outlier. :)

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
My confusion was that your answer doesn't match the tense of the question. What you are saying is that, in retrospect, this game will remain an outlier. :)
I absolutely think it will be an outlier. Most of the backers might not even be gamers, but rather fans of the IP.

Feepdake

Explorer
I absolutely think it will be an outlier. Most of the backers might not even be gamers, but rather fans of the IP.
If I'm not mistaken, before 5e, almost everyone thought that DnD was dead and would never surpass Pathfinder. Pretty much no one saw the behemoth it ended up becoming, and even dwarfing Pathfinder by an unimaginable magnitude.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases