Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter is live!

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M...

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today.

Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so.

Update -- after less than two days, it has made over $2.3M, already making it the biggest TTRPG Kickstarter ever (with nearly a month yet to go!)

9981ccd83ca099727cc5c12299cc7d7a_original.jpg

Avatar Legends: The RPG is a heroic fantasy game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra in which you and your friends take on the role of young heroes from across the Four Nations who have joined together to make the world a better place. It’s a game for people of all ages who want to look at the world beyond the scope of the existing stories and explore the meaningful actions heroes take for the good of others.

Feepdake

Explorer
It's currently the 17th most funded poduct and the 6th most funded tabletop game. The top 5 tabletop games are:

5. 7th Continent: What Goes Up, Must Come Down $7,072,757
4. The Witcher: Old World €6,840,648
3. Exploding Kittens $8,782,571
2. Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 $12,393,139
1. Frosthaven $12,969,608

Looks like becoming #5 is most likely, and #3 is within reach.
At $7.076m, Avatar Legends is now the 5th most funded tabletop game and the 2nd most funded tabletop game that isn't a sequel. And also the second most funded tabletop game that's based on a licensed IP.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The problems of success...

"...our printer is telling us that there may not be enough cardboard in the United States to print these books on our original schedule."
Yikes. That will affect other people too. Glad I’m not printing mine in the US later this year!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yikes. That will affect other people too. Glad I’m not printing mine in the US later this year!

Quite possibly - they are talking about books for 65,000 customers, which is a pretty big order using specific materials. It is larger than anyone could reasonably have expected. Anyone who is sharing in those materials may see disruption.

Remove ads

Remove ads