Avengers Endgame Trailer

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not sure about that. Many species grow based on available food - but having killed half the life in the universe that means that anything that consumes life (plants, animals, etc.) will find their food supplies similarly shrunk.

Note that she says, "half the *creatures*".

And, after the Big Snap, did you see a single background tree get dusted? I am pretty sure he only hit animal life.

With an annual population growth rate of 1%/year, you get a population doubling in about 60 years. Many species (like insects, or fish, or anything that lays large clutches of eggs) can do much better than 1% in the absence of predators.

Kaodi

Hero
I was just thinking about the Hulk and how he might get out or get the power boost to go against Thanos. Maybe he could be like Big Green Spirit Bomb. Maybe Hawkeye/Ronin says to him at the key moment something like, "Your rage makes you stronger, but it is not enough. No, there has been so much loss in the universe. My whole family was taken from me. Today... today look outside yourself and feel the rage of every living thing!"

Endgame sounds too much like the MCU under Kevin Feige is going to be making a drastic change after phase 4 ends.

Sure the x-men universe joining the MCU will change things (like use of additional characters and villains).

But what mega-storyline does the marvel comics have that use all those characters together (other than the X-Men vs. Avengers)?

Things are planned out to the point that it's accepted knowledge that x-men wouldn't be able to be rolled into the MCU till mid 2020s, https://screenrant.com/marvel-x-men-disney-fox-deal-rights/ but that was before the stalling of Guardians vol 3 and End game is also the end of the contract for a number of actors mainly Chris Evans. https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-end-mcu/

Endgame sounds too much like the MCU under Kevin Feige is going to be making a drastic change after phase 4 ends.

Sure the x-men universe joining the MCU will change things (like use of additional characters and villains).

But what mega-storyline does the marvel comics have that use all those characters together (other than the X-Men vs. Avengers)?

As others have said, this will be the last film for most of the Avengers for contractual reasons. So most of the main six (Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk) won't be seen again. They signed up for many, many pictures when they were far more unknown, and command much higher salaries now: even Marvel couldn't have made Infinity War if they were paying the three Chris-es their current average salary.

And after Avengers and Avengers: Infinity War the big "crossover movie" feels done. I don't think Marvel can do that again. They'll likely focus on their other side characters (Captain Marvel, Ant Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange) and possibly the Eternal And then whomever they can get from the FF and X-Men.
And maybe build to another Avengers movie later, possibly with more side characters. You can imagine a Captain Marvel led Avengers with Beast from the X-Men, Valkyrie from Thor, Sersi from the Eternals, Crystal from the Inhumans, and the newly added Black Knight or Quasar.
These Avengers can have their own story and adventures, but different in scope.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
... but that was before the stalling of Guardians vol 3 and End game is also the end of the contract for a number of actors mainly Chris Evans. https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-end-mcu/

Hm, note this from November, speaking about the wrap of Avengers 4 for Mr. Evans.

"Joseph Russo, who along with brother Anthony wrote and directed this year's "Avengers: Infinity War" and next year's sequel, and directed Evans as Captain America in two previous films, told The Associated Press: "I think it was more emotional for him than us. Only because he's not done yet. And I don't want (to) explain what that means but the audience will soon understand what I'm talking about.""

So, Chris Evans may not be quite done yet. In some way. Who knows?

ccs

41st lv DM
Chris Evans has been talking about directing for some time. They might be tapping him to do some work behind the camera.

Or, you know, neither Disney nor Evans writes themselves into a corner & leaves it open to doing future Cap projects.
Just because one batch of contracts ends doesn't mean new ones can't be made.

Remove ads