D&D 5E Awakened Mind - multiple targets?

Zerdal

Explorer
I always assumed that Awakened Mind lets you speak telepathically to a single creature at the same time, but recently I compared it to other forms of telepathy from Tasha's Guide. For reference:

Awakened Mind (Player's Handbook, 10th print, p.111)
"You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You don't need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language."
Invasive Thoughts (Tasha's Guide, p. 67)
"As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You and the chosen creature can speak telepathically with each other while the two of you are within a number of miles of each other equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 mile). To understand each other, you each must speak mentally in a language the other knows."
Telepathic (Tasha's Guide, p. 83)
"You can speak telepathically to any creature you can see within 60 feet of you. Your telepathic utterances are in a language you know, and the creature understands you only if it knows that language. Your communication doesn't give the creature the ability to respond to you telepathically."

Not only there is a clear distinction in RAW, there are also precedents in the PHB indicating any means multiple [source] and I think that's indeed the case. Any official clarification on this?

In case you are interested in more precedents, the Telepathy monster feature (in the beginning of the MM) only allows communication with one creature at a time.

Remove ads