• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Awesome Ptolus Vinyl Map - HUGE

dcampbez

Explorer
I'm 555/1000 myself...

I'd always regretted not grabbing a vinyl map back when they were released... but around two months ago I was out of town on business, wandered into a Gaming shop I found on GPS, and found one (the smaller one) in it's original box with a $55 sticker on it.

Best business trip ever.

grodog

Hero
I'm 555/1000 myself...

I'd always regretted not grabbing a vinyl map back when they were released... but around two months ago I was out of town on business, wandered into a Gaming shop I found on GPS, and found one (the smaller one) in it's original box with a $55 sticker on it.

Best business trip ever.

Very nice!

Did they have more than one copy? :D

catsclaw227

First Post
Clearly the owner of the store had no idea what he really had. I am surprised that one of his gamer customers didn't snatch it up long ago. Was the store more of a boardgame/MtG store or an RPG store?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I didn't realize that ST was going to be numbered... Huh, that's cool. :)

I placed my premium order on May 7th, 2011, but some of the first modules were already out. I bought the first four from RPGNow on Jan 10th but didn't realize until a few months later that the premium subscription with the killer hardcover was available.

IIRC, Only the books ordered through Frog God Games will be numbered and signed as a special thanks for preordering and helping the company out. I think they're printing some extras and giving them to Paizo and while they'll have the bonus adventure, those ones won't be signed and numbered.

catsclaw227

First Post
IIRC, Only the books ordered through Frog God Games will be numbered and signed as a special thanks for preordering and helping the company out. I think they're printing some extras and giving them to Paizo and while they'll have the bonus adventure, those ones won't be signed and numbered.
Well that's good! I got mine at The Slumbering Tsar Saga so it looks like mine will be numbered and signed. The Paizo batch that was bought (and apparently sold like mad) was like icing on the cake for Bill Webb and Greg Vaughn.

EDIT: Wait... did I get this mixed up with the big Tome of Horror hardback? Was that the one that sold like mad at Paizo?

Last edited:

dcampbez

Explorer
One copy left.. and it was a decent sized shop with TONS of gaming stuff... big Pathfinder, tons of out of print stuff, minis and Games Workshop.

I gushed at the counter about finding it, made it clear how long I'd looked. Didn't seem to be a big deal; and it's hanging in the basement now...:)

Thanael

Explorer
That's something I actually wanted to ask you about for a while now... yours says 16/1000 on the bottom left of the page right before the table of contents?

I double checked my Ptolus HC and there's definately no number on that page. Weird. I would have thought if #555 is numbered that all 1000 would be, but apparently they're not.

catsclaw227

First Post
I double checked my Ptolus HC and there's definately no number on that page. Weird. I would have thought if #555 is numbered that all 1000 would be, but apparently they're not.

I had assumed that all 1000 were numbered as well. Did he print more than the original 1000? I thought that was all he did.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I have a hardcover copy of the original Ptolus book and it's not numbered. I bought it used, so I have no idea when/how it was originally purchased.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I know there was a second run relatively recently that took the Ptolus book, split it into two books, and then sold. But as far as to why some may be numbered and others are not of the original run... I have no idea. I'd always assumed that they all were.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads