• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[B.A.D.D.] - Web site

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
reapersaurus said:
it's latin.

A long time ago, I took Latin. I may not know much, but "x" isn't a letter in Latin - there were a few Greek words transliterated into Latin with an "x", but it's not a native letter.

Plus, none of the words look even vaguely familiar to me - I'd expect to recognize at least some.

<CRGreathouse searches the Web>

<CRGreathouse continues to search the Web>

Now I'm convinced it's not Latin. I can't find any references to any such words in Latin - and "x" still isn't a letter.

Blackwind

Explorer
Latin? Bah!

Nah, the BADD motto isn't in Latin, it's in Draconic of course. As per that one issue of Dragon magazine. Yeah, well it's one in the morning here so I'm too tired to translate it, but rest assured it's in Draconic and I'm pretty darn sure 'darastrix' is the word for dragon.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Heh heh heh. :D

Yes, it is draconic, as detailed in the Dragon article mentioned above. The translation runs something like this:

"It's a dragon!!! Run for your lives!!!"

That's a loose translation, but I think it's fitting. :D

Tempest

First Post
Dragon Generators

Hey CRGreathouse,

When is the next incarnation of your Dragon Generator going ot be ready for the masses? I'm looking forward to seeing the templates and other modifications appied to your already great work!

Tempest

p.s. Sorry for hijacking the thread but its more or less on topic...

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: Dragon Generators

Tempest said:
When is the next incarnation of your Dragon Generator going ot be ready for the masses? I'm looking forward to seeing the templates and other modifications appied to your already great work!

Wolfspider's right - version 2.00 is out now! OA dragons, templates, and spell selection. The last is courtesy of BADD itself... ;)

Tempest

First Post
I've been checking it out and playing with the features here for a bit. Its great! I really like the templates and spell additions.

One question, though. When I use custom to input the dragon stats some of the totals do not end up as the correct figure. Is this a bug or a feature that I am unaware of?

If it is a bug let me know and I'll try and send you a few examples so you can reproduce the effect yourself.

Lastly, is there now, or will there be a downloadable version?

Thanks CRGreathouse. The efforts are much appreciated!

Tempest

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Tempest said:
One question, though. When I use custom to input the dragon stats some of the totals do not end up as the correct figure. Is this a bug or a feature that I am unaware of?

A wyrmling black dragon normally has Con 13. This is the same as a +2 racial bonus. If you put custom stats in and choose Con 14, the generator adds the racial bonus back on.

This way, you don't need to figure out typical stats first - by putting Cha 8 you make it less charismatic, and by putting Str 17 you make it strong.

Tempest said:
Lastly, is there now, or will there be a downloadable version?

I should really make a FAQ. It's a normal HTML page, so by saving it to your hard drive (File, Save As, "Web Page, HTML Only" from Internet Explorer) you can run it whenever you like. I update often, though, so I suggest running it online when you have the option. Whenever I make a bug fix or minor change, I add 0.01 to the version number; whenever I make a major change I add 0.1 to the version number. Version 1.00 had only chromatic dragons, version 1.10 had metallic dragons, 1.20 had different stat types and HD advancement, etc.

Tempest

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

I should really make a FAQ. It's a normal HTML page, so by saving it to your hard drive (File, Save As, "Web Page, HTML Only" from Internet Explorer) you can run it whenever you like.

Thanks Charles! Much appreciated!

Tempest

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads