B.P.R.D. Issue #2 "the Hunger"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Professor Corrigan said:
Any other questions? If not you should get started as quickly as possible.
Kongming raises his hand again. "Not so much a question, Prof. Corrigan, as a comment. Have you noted that the sequential number of each of the victims of whom you have found a part is a prime number. 1, 2, 17, all primes."

Karl Green

First Post
Prof Corrigan looks at her notes and frowns a bit "No I don't think that we did. Not sure if that is important though... but then that might also mean that there are still two numbers, from the 17 that are also prime number right? Ah believe 5 and 13. Hmm, I am not sure if this means anything but it might be worth checking out"

"Well, I'm ready!" Andy says enthusiastically, jumping out of his chair, with the result being him fumbling slightly to keep his balance after nearly tripping. The things I do to keep up appearances. he thinks pleasantly.

"I'd like to get a printout, please, of the weather changes around the area from the time that the incident started til now if possible. It'll give me something to do on the trip up there." The teen says with a bright smile to the Prof. before dashing off to get his stuff.

At supply Andy will strike up a friendly conversation with Danny, a habit which he started after the City of Brass 'incident'. He'll subtly check to see if he can haggle information about any possible new/experimental equipment the BRPD might have (OOC: Diplomacy check 14+17=31 if needed), before getting his usual (Wristwatch, Hunter 10 mm pistol, lighter, mountain pack), along with a heavy jacket, goggles, and earmuffs.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"All these seems pretty ritualistic. I can't pin point for now what it is. I suggest that you go on some crime site. If there is some occult behind that, Andy may be able to find some trace of it. For my part, I'll take a look at the library. If you find anything, you can contact me, you know the number."

Paul stay silent for a moment.

"Yeah, better like that... hmmm... still thinking aloud. Just Leo who is complaining of being again enclosed in a library. Is it ok with you, Andy?"

"Yeah, that's fine Paul, I'm going to use those weather report maps to help me and I'll get my books packed so I can examine them." Andy says cheerily.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Lia

The werewolf lounges lazy in her chair. By now she even bothered to care for some new clothes. Not that it improved her previous outfit much. Her feet in black and white converse lie easily on the table allowing her long legs in blue jeans to stretch as far as possible. Finally she wears a simply grey tank top, exposing her wiry arms. Her skin is still pale but looks a lot more healthy than the first days she was left out of her case and at least for now she's not wearing sunglasses as she finally got used to the light. At least as long as she isn't in daylight.
She's holding a slice of bread. It seems she covered it with anything she could find as long as it once was a part of some animal. It should be about impossible to keep her athletic figure then wolfing down food with such amazing speed but she still didn't get any more weight.
The most strange sight is the hint of a smile she has for her teammates. She actually seems to be happy.
Only the little frogman is a new face and she eyes him curiously. Somehow he makes her nervous.
He's a monster, just pretending to be human. Allmost like me. This one's no prey.
She smiles at him with far too many and even worse too sharp teeth.
Bet I can take him. Shame they won't let me try.
It takes a lot of effort to act as if her sharpened senses didn't pick up Andy's comment. She just might start to like the little man who smells so much older than he looks.

Karl Green

First Post
Depending on what the characters ask for at equipment, I will let you know if you get it or not. Otherwise…

Heading down to Supply, the group meets up with the young 'Danny' of supply. He greets everyone and provides all equipment requested so far, along with winter coats (black with the B.P.R.D. logo on the back) and the B.P.R.D. standard Transponder/Locator/Communicator belt unit. He says "Not sure about what is up with the weather in New York, so I would not expect these unit to be good more then an couple miles. Of course they are no good at all underground, just as a reminder in case it matters"

He hands over a number of computer print outs of the weather pattern over NYC to Andy. They do seem to show a very localized weather front, focusing on the city and surround areas that blew in about a month ago and has not let up yet. Not natural weather at all.

After that, the team heads over to Transportation to check out the sedan and cargo van. Both are non-descriptive without logos or any other identifying markings.

Who is planning on driving. I assume that the Red Knight has to be transported in the van. Who is riding in what?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
As I told, Paul will stay at the base, trying to figure things from the books the BPRD is keeping. Once that done, he will move to another library if he isn't satisfy, one he knows.

For the equipement, he will ask for the usual refinement (Gun, Vest, Radio, Flashlight, Pocket Knife, GPRS Watch and Sunglasses (for the style :cool: ).

OOC: Why I am doing that, well, as I said, I am going to Africa, leaving in 1 week, so if I see I can't keep up with the group, I'll have a reason why I am not there... if I can, I'll join up after the search.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 4

Michael nodded to his friends on the mission, then headed down with the rest to supply. He took his file with him to study on the walk to the armory, walking casually to his destination, relying on his senses to alert him to danger.

Narrator said:
Who is planning on driving. I assume that the Red Knight has to be transported in the van. Who is riding in what?

Ace spoke up when he reached supply, "I'll drive the van, if no one has a problem with that. I can had a vehicle reasonably well . . at least I'm not driving through sand storms this time."

"Danny, I need some good goggles, see into a couple different spectrums," Michael stated. "What do you have that will work for me?"

OOC: Still need update sheet by allocating last xps and adding equipment.

Last edited:

Remove ads