BAB of d20, d100, and 1,000 HD creatures

Wolfdragon

Villager
This is a simple question: How does the BAB of creatures change as they advance in hit dice type? Is it equal to their hit dice? Ten times? One hundred times?!? Upper_Krust How does this work?!?

Obly99

Hero
This is a simple question: How does the BAB of creatures change as they advance in hit dice type? Is it equal to their hit dice? Ten times? One hundred times?!? Upper_Krust How does this work?!?
I use the following rule:
Mortal and Deity: BaB follow the normal rules for BaB based on class / racial HD based on type of creature
Sidereals+: BaB equal to HD, regardless of class or type

I use the following rule:
Mortal and Deity: BaB follow the normal rules for BaB based on class / racial HD based on type of creature
Sidereals+: BaB equal to HD, regardless of class or type
I do something similar to Obly. BaB goes up by class levels or racial Hit Dice and that's it, I don't do Epic Attack Bonus from the Epic Handbook as that was a clusterfuxk and made no sense, and likewise now I just keep things on the regular base level up progression all the way up through Eternal levels. Keep it simple.

Howdy Wolfdragon buddy,

At this point I am probably not the best person to ask about 3.5E rules. :giggle:

FWIW, I know you guys like the complexity of the Immortal Level gaming in 3.5E, but when I read your posted stat-blocks I am constantly thinking how could I simplify that and still convey an approximation. :)

5E is by its very nature less complicated than 3.5E, but even then my goal is to simplify whenever possible.

Obly99

Hero
@Upper_Krust I take this opportunity to ask you a question: in the Gods and Monsters there was the Bogeyman (Zombie Lord) template for Baron Samedi. How did you think it or what did you intend it to be?

Attachments

• samedi.PNG
    samedi.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 61

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
For creatures with natural Hit Dice, you determine their BAB as per their creature type, the same way you do under the standard D&D 3.5 rules. So a creature of the Dragon type will gain +1 BAB per Hit Die, even if those Hit Dice are d20s or d100s, while a creature of the aberration type will gain +3/4 BAB per Hit Die. For examples of this, see the Epic Bestiary; the sample void dragon (p. 77) has 140d100 Hit Dice and a BAB of +140, while the cogent (p. 47) has 101d20 Hit Dice and a BAB of +75.

For creatures with natural Hit Dice, you determine their BAB as per their creature type, the same way you do under the standard D&D 3.5 rules. So a creature of the Dragon type will gain +1 BAB per Hit Die, even if those Hit Dice are d20s or d100s, while a creature of the aberration type will gain +3/4 BAB per Hit Die. For examples of this, see the Epic Bestiary; the sample void dragon (p. 77) has 140d100 Hit Dice and a BAB of +140, while the cogent (p. 47) has 101d20 Hit Dice and a BAB of +75.
Exactly đź’Ż

Hey there Obly99 buddy! :)

@Upper_Krust I take this opportunity to ask you a question: in the Gods and Monsters there was the Bogeyman (Zombie Lord) template for Baron Samedi. How did you think it or what did you intend it to be?

The Bogeyman idea (at that time) was for a nigh-unkillable (super) zombie in a similar vein to the classic slasher villains of the Freddy Krueger, Candyman, Jason Voorhees type. It would come back no matter how many times you destroyed it, however, it could be temporarily 'laid to rest' if you solved some mystery about its past (or similar macguffin).

Hey there Obly99 buddy! :)

The Bogeyman idea (at that time) was for a nigh-unkillable (super) zombie in a similar vein to the classic slasher villains of the Freddy Krueger, Candyman, Jason Voorhees type. It would come back no matter how many times you destroyed it, however, it could be temporarily 'laid to rest' if you solved some mystery about its past (or similar macguffin).
Oh that's pretty cool actually

Remove ads