Babylon 5 CCG

Seonaid

Explorer
I approve of this thread necromancy!

I haven't been able to get into it at all. Unfortunately, I don't know too many CCGers and this is not a good game for 2 players. In fact, 95% of the games I've ever played have been with 4, so I'm kind of despairing for lack of players.

Corsair

First Post
Well it was definitely originally intended for 4 players, and plays best that way. None of it is balanced for two player play, and it would just become a race to see who achieved their goals first. Three players is tough because as soon as they decide to gang up on one person, there isn't much that person can do. Four is ideal, but it also works with 5 or 6, assuming you don't mind playing a two or three hour game.

I'm lucky that my new roommate is a giant nerd (literally, he's an ex army ranger and amateur power lifter, he's huge) and has been asking me to learn. We have one other friend that I know I can rope in. Ideally I can find one more to get a good game going.

Seonaid

Explorer
Yeah, most of the games I've played (as I said) were 4 players. I've done 3 and also 5, but the majority definitely were 4.

Steye

First Post
Hi!

Nice to see there are still a couple of B5 players / collecters!

I found most of the cards on Ebay. It took quite some time, but the collection is almost complete now :)

It's hard to find any other active players, so I started teaching the game to a couple of friends, now we play once a month with 4, sometimes 5 players. The ones that were not familiar with the show, started watching and really liked it!

On Babylon 5 Collectible Card Game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek is some info on cardlists, starting hands, variants of the game etc.

Cheerz!

Steye

Sean-Khan

First Post
Oo, I loved that game! Sometimes the playing just stopped, maybe because of different playing styels - one was playing huge decks with lots of interesting stuff, one a super-optimized start-up that would fail completely if someone countered the tactic, someone just tried to hit everyone etc...

I still have my cards, and am not going to get rid of them; But, I do have a box of cards a friend dumped me, not really sure what there is - I believe there's at least 2 factions, plus I have a bunch of crusade extras. I don't know what mailing costs would be but if you've got any interest let me know and I'll try to check what I've got precisely.

Btw, a few years ago I saw there was two high-quality fan-made sets, which were a nice addition to the game when we has a legacy gaming session of b5ccg and tested them.

I still love b5, and am getting complete dvd package for christmas present :D and I've moved more into miniatures and scratchbuilt a bunch of b5 stuff: Scratchbuilt Babylon 5 models

Last edited:

Remove ads