• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Back in Crolon

Ezieer

First Post
Aguirre said:
(( That morningstar makes most splits somewhat uneven. If we don't want to sell it until we get more character specific magic weapons, or can't trade it for one, then we should keep it as party treasure, and split the rest evenly. ))

OOC: We generally do a hybrid of best use/equal share Treasure distribution as below.

1) Whoever can use an item generally the best is preferred to get it regardless of any inequity.
2) Big items are given without regard to increased cost. A round robin approach is applied to 'gifting' of expensive items.
3) Things are split up evenly after the items are distributed.

Note: Theodus is more than due for some good treasure if memory serves me. He is also one of three martial prof chars in the group. Ezieer is a weapon finesser and Walfi is more inclined to his big axe.

Last edited:

Ezieer

First Post
morcano said:
Just to make sure I have the price down right for scribing my own scrolls it is:

base price = spell level x caster level x 25 gp
creation price = 1/2 base price
creation xp = base price divided by 25 or for less math; simply the spell level x caster level = xp
add any costly ingredient or focus at the end to get the final cost of either

Below are all your present options as a 4th level caster. As Walfi states... choose your caster level wisely as it can cut down on costs. Also note, you can scribe as many spells onto a scroll that you want up to (generally agreed upon) 6 in one day. However if the base price of this exceeds 1000gp, it takes more days to do so. This would be the case if Elendil if tried to scribe 5 2nd level spells @ 4th caster level and any another spell. 200 x 5 = 1000.. anything more than that would take 2 days it being 1001+ base cost.

1st level spells = 1 x 1 x 25 = 25 / 25/2 = 12.5 gp + 1 xp
1st level spells = 1 x 2 x 25 = 50 / 50/2 = 25 gp + 2 xp
1st level spells = 1 x 3 x 25 = 75 / 75/2 = 37.5 gp + 3 xp
1st level spells = 1 x 4 x 25 = 100 / 100/2 = 50 gp + 4 xp

2nd level spells = 2 x 3 x 25 = 150 / 150/2 = 75 gp + 6 xp
2nd level spells = 2 x 4 x 25 = 200 / 200/2 = 100 gp + 8 xp

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Once everyone's gathered somewhere relatively private and starts talking about dividing the treasure, Theodus chimes in. "I don' much care fer any o' this loot, lads, so I'll just take me some coin an' use it fer upgradin' me gear. I'll keep carryin' Malvec's flail fer us until ye find a buyer fer it or somethin', but I don't really care to use the thing 'less we come across some nasty critter what can't be hurt by me sword."

((OOC, the magic flail will be group treasure, but Theodus will continue carrying it in his backpack until the group decides to sell it. Until someone buys a magic weapon with their share of the treasure, it's best to keep this one on-hand in case it's needed. Theodus will just take a bunch of coins as his share of the treasure for now.))

Ezieer

First Post
Arkhandus said:
((OOC, the magic flail will be group treasure, but Theodus will continue carrying it in his backpack until the group decides to sell it. Until someone buys a magic weapon with their share of the treasure, it's best to keep this one on-hand in case it's needed. Theodus will just take a bunch of coins as his share of the treasure for now.))

Lets pursue exchanging it for something Theodus would swing. Neither Azeem nor Ezieer hasn't pursued enchanted weapons in the city of Crolon before... there might be something interesting in the city they haven't discovered yet. The discovery will be half the adventure.

Ezieer

First Post
"Well lets see who would be interested in buying it then. This is as big of a market fer sumtin like that as yea will find... and we might be something more to yer likin as well. I'm sure between the three of us we can track down a buyer and maybe even a seller of fine weapons... Walfi here wants a big giant bow as well. Elendil says he aint goin to use that quarterstaff none. I don't knows wedder Azeem wants to keep a hold o' it. If not den we can sell or trade dat as well."

Ezieer will try to find the premier weapons dealers in Crolon and suggests that Azeem and Theodus help him. They will check the most promising leads.

Ezieer

First Post
The majority of us still desire to track down the various armorers, weaponsmith's & boyer's in Crolon. We need to sell the armor and weapons. Walfibalf is looking for a bow and Ezieer is looking for enhanced magic weapons.. for the sale of the magic Flail or even their magic bow if they could pick up a different weapon. Ezieer would become desireous of a magic longsword (for Theodus), magic rapier or smaller weapon (for himself or Azeem). Ezieer would inquire about lighter armor (with equal or better protection) for himself as well.

Ezieer also goes back to the potionmaker he has already delt with in Crolon. He sells the potions they aren't keeping and picks up some minor healing potions (3 CLW potions) for himself. He lets the group know he is going there so he can purchase any potions they desire. He also looks to track down a purchase of a curing wand. Hopefully he meets with some success.

Presumably, Theodus and Azeem busy themselves in the Taverns with their musical talents. Ezieer shows up during their shows... bantering with their admirers and attempting to expand their reputations with a few white lies here and there.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
EDIT: ((OOC... Screw it. Apparently the treasure values or something were screwed up, so apparently Theodus still can't afford anything except more potions to waste on folks. Instead, Theodus will take whatever the heck his share is and use it to purchase an appropriate number of 50-gp gemstones of some sort. He will also get rid of his 3 silver trade bars (50 gp each) for such gemstones. Maybe someday he'll actually be able to afford some kind of gear that he didn't already start with before coming to Kinrisar....))

Last edited:

Ezieer

First Post
Items Sold
21 platinum = 210gp
677 gold = 677gp
654 silver = 65.4gp
874 copper = 8.74gp
Chain Mail x 2 = 150gp
Dagger x 4 = 4gp
Heavy Steel Shield x 7 = 70gp
MW Halberd = 151gp
MW Nunchaku = 160gp
MW Quarterstaff = 300gp
Shuriken x 6 = .6gp
Studded Leather = 12.5gp
Total = 1809.24gp

Azeem
Potion Belt, 4 Turquoise 50g, Wand: Summon Monster II (Fiendish Spider only) ch:8 (half price = 560gp)
351.84gp

Elendil
3 Amethyst 100g, Arcane Scroll: Animate Rope, Shield, Summon Monster I, Potion: Invisibility, Potion Belt (half price = 525gp)
386.84gp
5 Pearls (100gp ea) (carried)

Ezieer
MW Hand Axe, Potion: Fly (half price = 528gp)
Ring of the Mariner (best use item)
Potion x 2: Protection from Good (CL3) (carried)

Theodus
3 Amethyst 100gp, 206.87gp (from Ezieer) (506.87gp)
336.84gp
+1 Light Flail (carried)

Walfibalf
2 Amethyst 100g, 2 Turquoise 50g, Potion: Invisibility, Potion: Cure Moderate Wounds (half price 600gp)
361.84gp

Items Potentially Purchased
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x3 ~ 150gp (Ezieer)

Last edited:

DMEntropy

First Post
(( Sorry for the lack of participation here. Life has been BUSY for the past week or so. ))

Selling of the mundane and MW equipment is easily accomplished here in Crolon. Weapons and armor are always in demand. Most of the two days you have before Alistra's dinner are spent selling this equipment.

There is a bowyer in town that is recommended to you by several of the arms merchants you deal with in selling the equipment. It is the general opinion that he will be the most likely person to make a bow of the specifications you describe. Unfortunately, you have not been able to make contact with him in these two days.

Ezieer returns to the temple of Os and the Respected Omaan Al'jar is still there. The mute doorman remembers Ezieer from their prior meetings and shows him in to see the priest immediately. He is not very interested in purchasing any of the potions from Ezieer. He is also somewhat distressed by Ezieer's attempts to sell potions of Protection from Good. "Who would use such things except those who seek to commit evil?" he asks Ezieer. He strongly counsels for their destruction. When asked about the crafting of a wand of curing he says that he does not have the training for the creation of such items. He can only brew potions. He is willing to do this for you at standard prices. He also sends his greeting along to the rest of Ezieer's associates and is looking forward to seeing them all again at Alistra's tomorrow evening.

Changing monetary forms is easily accomplished. Gems of 50gp and smaller are easily come by and you can all trade your coins/treasure for these as much as you would like.

Purchasing any mundane armor or weapons is also easily done at standard prices. MW items of armor and weapons are more difficult and will require some research.

A messenger arrives from Alistra during the afternoon of the first day. He carries her greeting to you all and her hopes that you are finding success in your personal business. She will send a coach to pick you up tomorrow evening and requests formal attire for her dinner. There will be others invited as well and she wishes for you to make good impressions.

Remove ads