Background music for games

King_Stannis

Explorer
for general ambiance i use some phillip glass, milladoira (celtic music from spain), and the themes to alien and planet of the apes (original).

for combat our range is from conan to 13th warrior to ACDC to dire straits.

Swack-Iron

First Post
Heap Thaumaturgist said:
Just as an update to an earlier post, by Swack-Iron, about Live365.com and the WDND station.

If you're not a Live365 member that particular station isn't one you can access. So unless you use Live365 for alot of listening or are willing to pay $5 a month for WDND you won't be listening to it.

Sorry, mate, but you must be mistaken, because--

(checking)

...what the--

Dang! You're right! Nuts, it wasn't that way when I last used it, which was only a couple of weeks ago!! Too bad, it's a great station.

*sigh*

Ruined

Explorer
I've been collecting some soundtracks recently for my upcoming campaign. Here's a few I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The Name of the Rose - mixture of Gregorian chants and some good brooding music.
Insomnia - Also good dark mood music.

I really like game soundtracks, even though they are harder to come across. I just acquired the soundtrack for Halo, and it's great. I also like:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Xenogears

And there are a variety of others, suited to different tastes. Now please excuse me while I go track down items on Monte's scavenger list. =)

Sidran

First Post
Soundtracks. Legend ( Music by Tangerine Dream), 13th Warrior, LoTr, FoTr. Braveheart, Dragonheart, Substitute Killers, Star Wars Trilogy Soundtrack. Final Fantasy ( Movie), Hunt for the Red October, Village of the Damned, Star Wars Ep. 1 sound track Gladiator, and the Track to Metropolis ( the Sounds added to the Silent 1930's film)

Classical. Rachmaninoff, Korsikov ( Sheherazzad) Ravel (bolero), Chopin, Gershwin, Grieg, Most of the Russian Composers actually.
Debussy.

Alt Rock Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Godsmack, Metallica, Soundgarden, and Rage against the Machine.

Country. Garth brooks ( Thunder Rolls) (Bury the Hatchet)

Folk. Any good non vocal American Folk. Bluegrass on some occasions

Celtic, Cheiftains, Clannad, Enya, Lothlorien

PC Game sounds like the Quirky Sounds from Diablo I, II, Baldurs Gate, and Warcraft sounds

New Age Vangelis, Pure Moods stuff. Tangerine Dream, and others
Meditation Stuff Like Sounds of Thunder, And Island of the Moors

World (besides Celtic)Sounds of Egypt Compilation I own, Out of Africa, Some Jewish groups CD's, Oriental music stuff, and Native American Musics.

And last but not least Chant.

Last edited:

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Actually, you can BUY the Baldur's Gate soundtrack if the buy "The Original Saga" (which is BG 1 and the expansion pack Tales of the Sword Coast). The soundtrack comes with it, and I have to say it is the most PERFECT soundtrack to game by.

General Lopez

Explorer
The Midnight Syndicate rocks. I have all three and all three all great for background music. Does anyone know if they are putting out a new one at gencon? Also duel of the fates from the phantom menace cd has to be one of the best songs for gaming ever. I highly recomend using it for entrance music for your campaigns number one villain.

Remove ads