Bad RPG Ideas, #477

The_Gneech

Explorer
TINY & TERRIFIED: The Kaiju Bystander Roleplaying Game
Play random scientists, reporters, military men, random people on the street, or the children of any of all these, going through a variety of pointless intrigues or sub-plots until 2/3 of the way through the game session, at which point (1d6-1) giant monsters start destroying the city and you scatter for your lives. Bonus points for coming up with a heavy-handed moral to the story!

Zee Zee Zee: The Rip Van Winkle Roleplaying Game
Using thirty different tables, come up with an excruciatingly-detailed character in 19th-century New England, who then sleeps for the rest of the game session.

Pastures & Pitchforks
Play peasants and serfs in a peaceful, agrarian pseudo-medieval kingdom that's beloved by its neighbors and ruled by a benevolent king. Includes a complete campaign setting, "Little Puddle-on-the-Wold" and starter scenario, "The Day Old Paint's Stall Was Left Open."

What do you think, sirs?

-The Gneech :cool:

SavageRobby

First Post
The_Gneech said:
Using thirty different tables, come up with an excruciatingly-detailed character in 19th-century New England, who then sleeps for the rest of the game session.

I think this one sounds a whole lot like another game that is wildly popular and currently printed by the world's largest RPG publisher. :p

Huw

First Post
Kinder: The Weaning

Take the role of a newborn child. Learn talents such as crawling, babbling and burping.

The Book of Tod

Expansion for Kinder: The Weaning. Learn the secrets of the ancient Toddlers.

Dungeons & Despots

Play the exiting life of a political prisoner in a choice of history's most oppressive regimes!

The_Gneech

Explorer
Festivus said:
Sign me up for T&T, I even have a red polyester shirt I can wear!

Actually, Tiny & Terrified got a surprisingly positive reaction in my LiveJournal as well -- maybe it's not as half-baked an idea as I thought!

-The Gneech :cool:

Halivar

First Post
Iron Chef - A d20 Supplement
Do you have what it takes to be an Iron Chef? The hard-cover supplement includes 238 pages of expanded and epic uses of the Craft (cooking) skill, as well as cooking-related feats, equipment, and prestige classes. It's time to tell the villains, "soup's up, b----'s!"

jonathan swift

First Post
Halivar said:
Do you have what it takes to be an Iron Chef? The hard-cover supplement includes 238 pages of expanded and epic uses of the Craft (cooking) skill, as well as cooking-related feats, equipment, and prestige classes. It's time to tell the villains, "soup's up, b----'s!"

Well, there is the Intergalactic Cooking Challenge RPG. It is like Iron Chef, in space.

Slife

First Post
Vampires: The Arcade.
With rules on how to play Pac-Man, Asteroids, and DK Jr., you won't have to wonder why vampires are so pale anymore! Includes a preview for the gripping sequel, set in New York during rush hour Rage:The Awakening

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The_Gneech said:

Rip Van Winkle took place in the 17th to 18th century in New York.

sniffles

First Post
Halivar said:
I've actually played an Iron Chef RPG. It was a lot of fun.

But we actually didn't roleplay cooking - we were acquiring ingredients. ;)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Kick It, which is just like normal DnD except when someones rolls a botch someone else in the gaming group gets to kick them very hard in the goolies.

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4