WotBS Badgers? We dont need to have stinkin' badgers!

VicsHacienda

Explorer
Playing #WotBS #ScouringofGatePass. Why are there badgers in this? Unless they have some sort of connection later on, I'd prefer to replace them with something that fits better. Any ideas for replacements?

Tormyr

Adventurer
Playing #WotBS #ScouringofGatePass. Why are there badgers in this? Unless they have some sort of connection later on, I'd prefer to replace them with something that fits better. Any ideas for replacements?
It is a celestial creature. The Shahalesti (high elves) have celestials in their service. Having celestial (magical) creatures show up in a Taranesti (wood elves) enclave in Gate Pass is a clue that the Shahalesti are operating in Gate Pass.

In D&D 3rd edition, one of the low level monsters you could summon was a celestial badger.

In one of my games in 2001, an enemy wizard managed to cast multiple summon monster spells while invisible, leading to the party being swarmed by about a dozen celestial badgers. We found it rightly ridiculous, and one player vociferously called dibs on the rights to name a band Amidst the Badgers. (He never started a band.)

Years later, I wrote the first adventure, and needed some odd creatures to pose a brief obstacle to the party while signalling that their enemies weren't evil, just politically opposed.

Remove ads