• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Balance in 4th: All Powers for All Classes All the Time?

keterys

First Post
So... #3 means that there were no actual dailies, they got them per encounter?

Overall, probably a huge increase in power (versatility, dailies, mixing and matching, etc) but if it makes that group happy, you made the right call.

takasi

First Post
Takasi, I'd be curious to know how many different classes of power each PC dipped into? My instinct tells me that mutual attribute dependency gave you a lot of ranger-rogues, wizard-warlocks and fighter-rangers, but not a lot of cleric/rogue/wizard/fighters.

In general, based on the powers they were choosing (few people used the same power twice) I saw a 'fighter-warlock', 'fighter-paladin', 'cleric-ranger' and 'wizard-cleric'.

keterys said:
So... #3 means that there were no actual dailies, they got them per encounter?

Overall, probably a huge increase in power (versatility, dailies, mixing and matching, etc) but if it makes that group happy, you made the right call.

Right. This was the November WotC Delve 'Into the Shadows', which was designed for 3rd level characters. I had them make first level characters and used these powers. It was still very challenging, with at least one or two players dropping every encounter. People seemed happier and more optimistic in general, as though there may be 'some hidden power' in the books that they might pull out to save everyone. They all had pride on their faces when they declared their decision, something I don't see as often in our normal 4E games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads