• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Banks in DnD

Xarlen

First Post
This reminds me of what I'm going to be doing.

THe PCs are working for a church. They are being sent to deal with a problem. Instead of giving them a sack of loot, which the Church doesn't have at this time, they give the PCs a writ. They show this writ to places affiliated, or atleast places that trust the church, and the place simply charges the church.

Basicly, a holy credit card. :) Of course, if the PCs go spending willy nilly for equipment and such, the PCs are definetly going to get a divine smack on the wrist.

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Wow, you people are mean.

I talked my DM into giving letters of credit for free up to 1000g.

Then I talked him into giving letters of credit for up to100 kg for 5% interest. (we get the extra money, not the NPC)

All of this is of course done through the wealthy merchants in the area where the party spends its time.

In case you're wondering, the argument that I used was that it was just like a CD in modern banking. I loan the guy a big chunk of liquid assets and he uses it to make money then shares his profits.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads