• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Barbarian Rage

IndySteve

First Post
Quick, I need help; we're in the middle of a session. Can a barbarian choose to stay enraged even though an encounter has ended?? He killed the last enemy and wants to stay enraged for the remaining duration to allow the cleric to get to him before he begins dying from losing the hit points he gained from rage. If he can stay enraged, then how does the fatigue penalty work? Thanks!

-Steve

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
You can stay enraged for as long as your con will let you. Since no new encounter has started, you cannot start a second rage just yet. Fatigue will set in after the rage.

IndySteve

First Post
I guess I should clarify. The PH states that the fatigue lasts for the duration of the encounter. If the barbarian is not in an encounter when the rage lapses, when does the fatigue end?
Also, can you start a rage outside of combat? Thanks again!

-Steve

Sure you can rage out of combat (to get strength to bust down a door for example)

The fatigue lasts as long as the encounter. Simply play it that the fatigue lasts as long as the rage itself.

TS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads