• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Barney Stinson Gamer?

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I watched it Monday night, and noticed the oversized D20 and what I am positive was a DDM mini on the table in front of young Barney.

If I still have it on DVR I'm pretty sure I can ID the mini more accurately after I get home.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
(not having seen the episode, from what i gather as discussed here -- basically, barney went from "game player" to just "player" based on a challenge to bed women? ;)

GSHamster

Adventurer
It might be paid product placement from WotC. There was a post a while back from Scott Rouse saying that they did something similar (though more extensive) in Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The fact that they actually bothered with minis, a screen, and a d20 suggests it. Or maybe a writer just brought in his own gear.

Festivus

First Post
(not having seen the episode, from what i gather as discussed here -- basically, barney went from "game player" to just "player" based on a challenge to bed women? ;)

Pretty much right on, it was the turning point in his life that turned him into the sexual predator he is today.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads