Barrow of the Forgotten Story Hour - Complete! 8/13/08

mundinironhand

First Post
the spire

I think wencis really enjoys letting the tiny soul spark be his meat shield only 20 hps and it didn't die the entire time. throwing the hammer from afar defiently kept him concious the entire session which is a nice change. since the level up wencis can now share his soulmelds with his familiar which mreans the soulspark will be charging some attacks with electricity as well as an ac boost.

Peteinmaine

First Post
what really killed the golem

The golem was cursed with a pace maker.... and between holier than though, and his partner holier after my sword hits you flashing away the strobe effect put the damn thing on the fritz and the rest......is history

Abciximab

Explorer
Peteinmaine said:
The golem was cursed with a pace maker.... and between holier than though, and his partner holier after my sword hits you flashing away the strobe effect put the damn thing on the fritz and the rest......is history

I think I had to read that statement about ten times to figure out what it meant. So, they microwaved the Flesh Golum's pacemaker, got it, I think...

Ipissimus

First Post
Great stuff, guys. Hope to see more soon. Glad to know that I don't have the only group that finds it hard to play after some of the descriptive text in these adventures. :) Cheers!

Abciximab

Explorer
Ipissimus said:
Great stuff, guys. Hope to see more soon. Glad to know that I don't have the only group that finds it hard to play after some of the descriptive text in these adventures. :) Cheers!

Hey! Another one! Glad to hear you're enjoying it Ipissimus (Is that a Genus for bugs? Moths? Something like that?)

Yeah we have issues.

the shade removed a cloak and hung it on the wall near the door, and then he abruptly cocked his head and looked upwards

When I read this part, they were already so wound up about other things, every little thing was setting them off and it was getting difficult to follow the descriptions of what they were seeing. High Cleric actually had to ask me to describe it again but omit any references to cocking of the head.

Ipissimus

First Post
Abciximab said:
Hey! Another one! Glad to hear you're enjoying it Ipissimus (Is that a Genus for bugs? Moths? Something like that?)

Yeah we have issues.

I can't find the embarrassed smilie but I'm afraid you've caught me in a bit of vanity on my part (and an in joke).

I think it was Crowley who theorized 'Ipissimus' as a 'level of sorcerer above God'. :D

But don't worry too much about my sanity. I am crazy, of course, but not that crazy. ;)

Abciximab

Explorer
Ipissimus said:
I can't find the embarrassed smilie but I'm afraid you've caught me in a bit of vanity on my part (and an in joke).

I think it was Crowley who theorized 'Ipissimus' as a 'level of sorcerer above God'. :D

But don't worry too much about my sanity. I am crazy, of course, but not that crazy. ;)

Ok, just looked it up. The Moth genus is Episimus. Hey, on this board using a term that describes an epic level sorcerer is completely normal. Using the name of a platelet aggregation inhibitor on the other hand...

I think many of us in this hobby are in the same boat, we like to think of it as, "Crazy in a good way". Others may disagree of course...

Ipissimus

First Post
I figured, knowing Crowley, it'd mean something in Latin. Turns out I was right. Apparently it's from the Latin 'Altissimus' which means 'highest'. So much Latin saturating scientific culture that I'm sure it's been used in various forms a whole bunch of times. :)

Peteinmaine

First Post
etymology

My character is named for Bootsy Collins basist for P-funk. I got to see George Clinton and Pfunk at lollapalooza in the mid nineties. However I still think Warren Zevon was my most prized show!!

Remove ads