• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baseball discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
GO YANKEES!

Baseball - Yankees
Football - Giants
Hockey - NJ Devils
Basketball - Who cares? :p

Needless to say, the last couple of years have been very kind to this former Joisey Boy :D

Taren Nighteyes

Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker. :p

GO YANKEES!

Not that I really care about baseball, but after growing up in the late 70s in NY, how can I not want the Yankees to take it all?

John Crichton

First Post
schporto said:
Yankees burn. Yankee go home. "But we earned it within the system" - BAH!!! You bought it. Burn burn burn. Fraggin piece o' dung. Gad hate Yankees. Who do I want to win? I want there to be 29 world series with the yankees losing every friggin single one of em. All the other teams get one. Sick of announcers crooning and swooning "Ohhhh the house that ruth built" Burn it down!! "Curse of the Bambino" Get an exorcist! "We love Jeter" - over-friggin-rated. "But he's so cute in those comercials with Steinbrener" - play ball not comercials. "They've played hurt all year they're truly warriors" - And? That's why their salary is huge they can afford other players. And finally Georgie Porgie - Bite me.
Ok.... Breathe....
In case it wasn't completely obvious I'm a Red Sox fan. Grew up as a Yankee hater. So I'm rooting for the Sox. But honestly I'll be real happy within anyone but Yankees or Braves winning. I like when new teams win. All the other teams really have a story behind them. The only story for the yanks is - "Look we paid them enough to win the series".
And yes I know the BoSox ain't far behind in payroll.
Must control twitching fists, no punch monitor. Calm happy thoughts.
-cpd
I think they have a cream or pills or something for what you have, there. You may also want to cut down on the bile. Remember, Eric's grandmum is watching too.... ;)

Stormfalcon

First Post
On one hand, I'd love to see a Bay Bridge Series (Go Giants!). On the other hand, I remember what happened the last time we had a Bay Bridge Series...

stevelabny

Explorer
I couldn't resist joining in.
My pre-season pick was Yankees over Expos in 7. But a decimated pitching staff (no El Duque or Tony Armas Jr all season) and a Vlad injury prevented the 'spos from doing thier job.

But lesse, I made picks on the MLB site so I'll stick with them

Cubs over Braves in 4
Cubs staff is too good right now and Aramis Ramirez is EN FUEGO. Plus Javy Lopez just said there's no way the Cubs can beat them.

Giants over Marlins in 5
Fish have done well, but they switched closers LAST WEEK. Bullpen confidence shot and in chaos, bases loaded for Barry? ACK

Yankees over Twins in 3
They waited too long to move Santana into the rotation, now hes their ace?
Yanks OWN Twins.

A's over Red Sox in 5
It's October, that must mean the Sox are losing. Nothing makes me happier than a good 1918 chant.

Cubs over Giants in 7
Jason Schmidt is great, but theres only one of him. Dusty will know how to handle his ex-team and the Cubs pitchers are good enough to

Yanks over A's in 6
The A's were the best team in baseball the last 3 years, and have NOTHING to show for it. Now with no Mulder, theyre NOT. Billy Beane has some good ideas, but some really stupid ones too. This franchise (and Toronto and Boston) will be in trouble if they dont get their heads out of their pretentious saber-metric butts.

Yanks over Cubs in 7
Why?
1. The Cubs can't win a World Series
2. Yes, I am a Yankees fan
3. Mariano Rivera is MUCH better than Joe Borowoski
4. Soriano is still mad that Torre played the infield in against the D-Backs and cost him the World Series winning HR. He will get his revenge.
5. Prior's excessive pitch counts haven't affected him yet...but 6 more starts from now he's due to melt down.

Interesting note: these players were on my fantasy team
C: Jason Varitek, Red Sox
1B : Derrek Lee, Marlins
3B: Aramis Ramirez, Cubs
OF: Juan Encarnacion, Marlins; Hideki Matsui, Yankees; Andruw Jones, Braves
SP: Mark Prior, Cubs; Jason Schmidt, Giants; Johann Santana,Twins
RP: Braden Looper, Marlins; Tim Worrell, Giants;

but somehow I only managed to finish 3rd.
I'll stop rambling now, its game time.

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
On one hand, I'd love to see a Bay Bridge Series (Go Giants!). On the other hand, I remember what happened the last time we had a Bay Bridge Series...
I was there for that. Quite a ride.

I grew up in the Bay Area and disliked both teams. I always thought of it as a 'wrath of god' thing.

I just wish no one had died there. Would have been fun otherwise.

If they both make it to the Series, you can bet the discussion on that will pick up quite a bit!

Estlor

Explorer
Anyone but the Braves and Yankees.

Please God, let them lose early!!!!

Ahem, sorry about that.

Just as long as the Cubs don't win. That, surely, will be the first signal that the apocalypse is at hand. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads